No announcement yet.

IWT 7: Urban Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's right, Aloso -- I'd be honored to receive your ratings, too. Whether you enter or not.

Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 01-16-2011, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• The two of you actually had me looking for a member named Aloso for a minute. I wondered how I'd missed him.
      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

• So has anyone tried to create a story with only one room that links to the stories of every other contender, thus netting you points equal to the average of everyone else?
        This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and twelve year old girls are FBI agents.

Comment

• I'm calling a halt to the editing now... It's getting late here and I don't want to create any more errors than there might already be! It's a neat system, although I did find myself getting muddled with all the links and nicknames and so on.

Good luck everyone who's entering!

Comment

• Good luck, Crunchy! Your story looks great so far.

I'll probably work on mine until midnight, since I've got a lot of places where I can use copy/paste rooms, and I'd hate to miss out on free rooms!

Comment

• I debated on whether or not I should start the line for the public virtual flogging and shame-fest.

In the end I threw together 20 rooms instead.
              http://www.infinite-story.com/story/5601/

If I'd gotten farther there would have been more elements of fantasy, but eh. Whatever.

Good Luck to all...
              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

• Three questions:

1. Can I get a list of all of the stories that were entered?
                2. When rating, am I supposed to explore every room in the story?
                3. When's the deadline for rating?
                How we paid such close attention
                To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ-thebanisher View Post
                  Three questions:

1. Can I get a list of all of the stories that were entered?
                  2. When rating, am I supposed to explore every room in the story?
                  3. When's the deadline for rating?
                  1. Yeah, someone will probably make a hyperlink list at like midnight or I might do it tomorrow.

2. If you don't, nobody is going to know of course, but it's generally agreed that going through all the rooms is more fair to the contestants. I personally don't care, since I just got done adding a bunch of rooms to my story that are essentially copy/paste versions of other rooms with minor tweaks. I don't want anyone to have to suffer through the same room three times.

3. I guess it's ultimately up to EndMaster, but I'm going to tentatively say three weeks.

Comment

• Basically what Ryan said. We had around 3 weeks last time for ratings so that sounds fine to me.
                    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Alright, I'm done working on my story. Not sure so sure how I feel about the last room since it's kinda boring and really long (I might have set a new record!). Also, there's four different versions of it. I'm happy with the story as whole, though.

Anyway, not to copy everyone else or anything, but good luck to all who entered and good night!

Comment

• And it looks like Usoki has finally made it as well with his story "Daybreak"

It says he's only got 18 rooms for his newest story, but he's actually got 20, looks like the site is taking its sweet time in updating as usual.

Less than an hour to go, so I'm guessing he'll probably be the last entry unless someone has got a surprise for the very last minute.
                        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Yep, I squeezed in under the wire. I write best under pressure, but all of the stuff this weekend didn't give me much time to do that. It's very linear, and I never really got past the introduction, so I get the feeling I'm going to be in a neck-and-neck competition with someone for last place. Still, it has potential, so I'm hoping to have enough motivation to work on it post contest.

For ease of reading- the only difference between choosing the different girls at the beginning is the first paragraph or so. After that, it's entirely identical, and the duplication exists to track a variable that hasn't come into play yet. And, apparently, to pad my room count.

Uggh. Well, whatever. It's submitted. I avoided SHAME, I kept my status as an annual participant, and it is better quality than Apoth's mudkip story.
                          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• Funny you mentioned mudkip. I consoled myself with thoughts of that story as well. LOL. I'll probably tie you for last. But I guess I'm glad I won't have to enjoy having mud on my face for the next year or so.
                            ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

• Thanks for the replies. Last question: Is it mandatory to submit ratings for every storygame if I choose to rate one?
                              How we paid such close attention
                              To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

• Yeah it is, with the reason being more balance -- if somebody who is really picky with their ratings only rates two stories and gives them an average of 5 or 6, it's going to make the results less accurate. Same thing with really liberal raters. There used to be this guy called Leblanc who frequented this site and gave pretty much every story a 10.

That said, I hope you're still rating them! It isn't very often that someone comes all the way over from CYS to join in on the IWT action.

[EDIT]

Lol, I just realized that Leblanc's post count stopped at 666. So maybe that explains why he stopped posting. Looks like I've only got 25 left!
                                Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 01-18-2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information