IWT 7: Epilogue (Ratings!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWT 7: Epilogue (Ratings!)

Or I would have them, except ChubbyT just emailed me and asked if I'd wait for his ratings. Looks like we'll have to wait a couple more days...

!!!

Not really, of course!

So are you guys ready for this?!

I know I am!

So, without further delay, here are the ratings for IWT7!

The winner is:

EndMaster!

As usual, he underrated his excellent story while slowly climbing up to claim first place again. Congratulations, End. I can't think of anyone who deserves to win three Infinite Writing Tournaments more.

And here are the final ratings:

Inkeeper

Grammar: 5/7/7.5/6/8/9/8/8

Plot/Creativity: 9/9/8.5/10*/8/10/8/8

Enjoyment: 9*/9*/8*/8/10*/9*/8*/9

Overall: 8/8.5/8/8.5/9/9.25/8/8.5

Final Score: 8.469

Mystic Elevator

Grammar: 7/6/10/7.5/8/10/7/8.5

Plot/Creativity: 7/6/9/9.5/8/8.5/9/7.5

Enjoyment: 7*/6*/9*/9*/8*/9*/10*/8.7

Overall: 7/6/9.25/8.75/8/9.125/9/8.35

Final Score: 8.184

Door Handle.

Grammar: 8/9/10/10/6/10/9/9

Plot/Creativity: 8/8/9/7.5/7*/8/9/8

Enjoyment: 8*/7*/8*/7*/7/8*/8*/7

Overall: 8/7.75/8.75/7.875/6.75/8.5/8.5/7.75

Final Score: 7.984

Delmechia

Grammar: 8/5/10/8/7/9.5/8/8

Plot/Creativity: 8/8/9/9*/7/9/8/8.5

Enjoyment: 9*/6*/10*/8/5*/9*/6*/8.5

Overall: 8.5/6.25/9.75/8.5/6/9.125/7/8.375

Final Score: 7.938

Uncertain Fortunes

Grammar: 7/7/10/8/9/9/10/9/9

Plot/Creativity: 7/7/8/6/9*/7/8.5/6/7

Enjoyment: 7*/6*/9*/6*/10/8*/8.5*/8*/7

Final Score: 7.819

Daybreak

Grammar: 7/8/10/10/9/10/10/9.5

Plot/Creativity: 7/7/7/7/8*/8/8/7.5

Enjoyment: 7*/6*/7*/6*/8/8*/8.5*/7.5

Overall: 7/6.75/7.75/7.25/8.25/8.5/8.75/8

Final Score: 7.781
    Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-08-2011, 08:06 PM.

Hah, I win!

Err, I lose. I win in that I knew I would lose.

Whatever.

Congrats End, hooray everyone for such a great contest, look how close the scores are, that's awesome, yadda yadda yadda.

Where are my critiques? Ryan, the entire point of this contest is you sending me a list of critiques. If you wasted all this time making a flashy results thread instead of organizing and sending out the feedback to everyone, I will beat you down, consume your soul, and destroy you. With less beating down, soul consumption, and destorying, and more judging you harshly.
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

As I said in the other thread, critiques will be out in a day or two.

So you can consume my soul until then.

But for now, I have much college work to attend to!

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
        If you wasted all this time making a flashy results thread instead of organizing and sending out the feedback to everyone, I will beat you down, consume your soul, and destroy you.
        See, he's already out to get his ASSHOLE title back. Watch out, Ryan.
        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

yeah for real, post the critiques. Congrats, Endmaster by the way. I thought Katie was gonna win this one though.
          The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

It's the power of negative thinking.

Man, it's a good thing most people weight enjoyment, I would've severely lost if people weighted grammar. (A 5? Yikes!) In fact this list would probably be completely reversed with Usoki winning if that was the case.

Here's some traveling music for Ryan for his big gay bus ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85gO8...eature=related
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

So what you're saying, Yazzman, is that you don't think you can take the approximate 2 minutes it would take to coy and paste everyone's comments into a post? Definately diserving of the title 'asshole'. Thanks for running shit, thouh.

edit: also, what the fuck? I'm the only one that weighted anything other than overall enjoyment?????
              Last edited by donteatpoop; 02-08-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I was adding up the scores to post some results by category, but there's something wrong here. I'm not sure if these are typos or actually figured into the calculations, but does anyone notice how Uncertain Fortunes, for instance, has nine ratings in each category instead of the usual eight?

I don't know whether there are other irregularities, since I wasn't looking for them, but do you maybe want to run those numbers by us again?

Comment

Yeah, and run them again in a way that results in me winning? lol. (also, what is the difference between overall and final? I'm a bit confused on what all of those numbers up there mean.)

In the end, End will still win I'm sure. A recount would be cool so we can see the finer details.

Congrats to EndMaster with the gold, Donteatpoop (that marvelous bastard) on the silver, and CrunchyFrog with the bronze.

Really, every story I read was kick ass. Glad to have been a part of this one, great bunch of stories to read through.

Comment

Going through the posts in the IWT Thread, I'm seeing the following people voted:

Crunchy
                    DEP
                    End
                    JJJ
                    Locke
                    Mizal
                    Ryan
                    Sven (who is the current Sven anyway?)
                    Usoki

So nine people, but only Katie got 9 votes.

Katie thinks that since she didn't vote that's probably why she got nine and everyone else got eight since if she had voted we would've all had the same amount of votes too, because we don't vote for our own stories.

EDIT: Katie proposes that you just ditch her lowest ratings to fix it. Lol.

I propose that if it turns out that Ryan fucked up the scoring we can always add RETARD FAILS AT MATH on top of his ASSHOLE title.
                    Last edited by End Master; 02-08-2011, 10:53 PM. Reason: Because making up more insulting titles is fun!
                    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Well, that makes sense then, I guess. I was really hoping I'd be able to gloat about this one, too, to compensate for some of the double mega extra SHAME I'm suffering tonight. That is a lot of shame, you know? If we assume that the "double" and "mega" are 2x multipliers, and the caps make each term twice what it would normally be, that's 34 standard loads of shame you've weighted me down with this tournament, enough for my extended family. I may just kill myself, since it is the only honorable way out (if each SHAME takes a year to revert to neutral, I'll be forty (plus or minus a few years) before it runs out, assuming I keep my nose clean in the meantime). Now I know how convicted felons feel.

Dreamshell is the current Sven, but since his (her?) account may never be approved, we might as well just resign ourselves to having Sven here forever. Sometimes the blackface just doesn't come off.
                      Last edited by Locke; 02-08-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Congrats End!
                        How we paid such close attention
                        To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Congratulations End!

And I'm relieved I didn't disgrace myself either on the first one. Looking forward to seeing what the critiques are like.

Comment

Yeah, I'm dreamshell. And I'm a guy.

Congrats to everybody.
                            Holla from Philly, Montgomery style.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                              yeah for real, post the critiques. Congrats, Endmaster by the way. I thought Katie was gonna win this one though.
                              What, and miss out on all the great whining that was sure to follow?

(Admittedly I didn't expect that much of it, but still found it quite amusing!)

In any case, your friendly neighborhood ASSHOLE has just finished and critiques have been sent out to everyone (some people have them on their main site accounts because of the word limit). Random lines between sentences and all (because then they are more assholish).

As for me, it looks like I've managed to deeply upset some of the long-standing members (wasn't even trying this time!) so I'll take that as my cue to go on another hiatus. If anyone felt I was being too mean to them or something, it was all in good fun. Good luck to everyone in the 8th IWT!

(Please return what's left of my soul.)

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information