IWT 9 - Character Grab-Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizal View Post
    I would probably have to commit hari kari with a blunt keyboard to undo it.
    If you can Youtube that, it will probably promote the site. A net gain for the contest, all things considered.
    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

I've actually got a plot in mind using several of the characters, but if I'm realistic my goal should be the 20 page minimum just so there's another entry rather than an actual complete story, in which case it's going to be hard introducing them all without it seeming shoehorned in.
      This.

It truly is the most amazing story that will never be written. (because I have the attention span of a gnat.)
      And this. =\

Comment

Holy crap dreamshell can talk!

Comment

Holy crap dreamshell can talk!
          I is spake good. =P

Comment

The only requirement is 20 rooms. There's nothing in there about quality or number of branches. Heck, you could submit your outline, so long as it uses characters and their special conditions. And it would still be better than Apoth's mudkip story. Honestly, I'd be really interested in seeing your guys' outlines. If nothing else, just to see what genre and which characters you were planning on using. Because that's the sort of thing which I find interesting.

And because it would add extra people into the contest.

But... yes, mizal is on SCORN for submitting a story and then not voting in the contest. The only way for SCORN to be removed is to vote. Not just a haphazard assignment of numbers, either- actual thought must be used, as evidenced by the quality of the comments in the critique of each submission.
            Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
            And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
              The only requirement is 20 rooms. There's nothing in there about quality or number of branches. Heck, you could submit your outline, so long as it uses characters and their special conditions. And it would still be better than Apoth's mudkip story. Honestly, I'd be really interested in seeing your guys' outlines. If nothing else, just to see what genre and which characters you were planning on using. Because that's the sort of thing which I find interesting.
              I'd have to get creative in divvying up an outline so it fits 20 rooms, but I could probably swing that. It'd be easier to just make the rooms totally linear and list the (eventual?) options where relevant.

THE ABOVE STATEMENT BY NO MEANS CONSTITUTES AN OFFICIAL ENTRY. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SAY "FUCK OFF, BITCHES" AND LEAVE YOUR SAD LITTLE CONTEST IN MY REARVIEW.

=P

Comment

Jeez Usoki, you're going to want to kill me... So, I don't know if this has ever been done in contest history before, but I am requesting another extension. Perhaps to January 20th? I am working on my story and I rather not submit pure garbage, even though my entry will probably be weak anyway.

Of course, up to you Usoki. Maybe this will be the extra push for mizal and dreamshell to formally enter? I feel like its only gonna be Usoki and I submitting. I hate having a busy work and social life. I just want to write lame stories dammit!

I swear this will be the last extension I request. Don't shoot me.

Comment

I'm torn between "I want you to submit the best thing you can" and "I'm not putting much work into this either, so if you win because I gave you more time, I'm going to be pissed." And, frankly, we're getting to the point where more time is just going to get wasted in the same way all of the other time did. I mean, voting will probably have a similar laziness to it. Better to get this contest over with, and move onto the next one. It didn't go over well. It's a great idea, and a great challenge, but we're all lazy. And this was a pretty complex contest given how lazy we are. DEP's idea was complex, and I kicked it up several notches. And most of us are too lazy to compete. Lesson (possibly) learned. I really just want to move on. So... I'm going to do this.

Request modified. The stories will be due by 12:01 am central time on Friday, January 18th. As in, the moment Thursday is over, the story is due. You get some of your extention... but I'm not giving you any time over the weekend.
                  Last edited by Usoki; 01-13-2013, 02:17 PM.
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                    The stories will be due by 12:01 am central time on Friday, December 18th.
                    So you're giving everyone an extra year?
                    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Blarg, dammit. January. 12:01 am, Friday, January 18th.

Read my mind, not my post. Of course, if the site starts freaking out again, we'll have to bump the date. But that's what we're shooting for, here.

Comment

Cool, I'm off Thursday so I guess I'll COMPLETELY UNOFFICIALLY have time to divvy up my COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL outline into 20 sections then. COMPLETELY UNOFFICIALLY, of course.

Comment

Cool, I'm off Thursday so I guess I'll COMPLETELY UNOFFICIALLY have time to divvy up my COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL outline into 20 sections then. COMPLETELY UNOFFICIALLY, of course.
                          Gotta abuse dem loopholes. =P

*waits for someone to lewdly misrepresent above statement*

Comment

Well, it's done. Corporate Contract, my contest piece, is now public. I've still got three rooms to polish from outline to full room, but I should make it viewable now lest I forget. It's over the 20 room mark, and I've got the needed character usage.

Connor, Lucas, Zoe, Beary, and Alice.

Ugh, something about writing the endings to this one was just painful. I hate it when I have to plan stuff out this far... it kills my motivation to actually finish it. Oh well. It's not my best, but it's done and over with, and I'm stronger for it. In theory.

Comment

This is your seven hour warning, people. The deadline is approaching fast. Don't forget that we're using my time zone.

Comment

Cool, I'm off Thursday so
                                Welp, I just got home from work on what was supposed to be a long overdue day to have completely free so so much for this. Also, I hate the entire human race.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information