No announcement yet.

Infinite Writing Tournament 11- Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear about the pain that you are going through, Ves. Good vibes and prayers.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

• Thanks DEP. It always helps to hear a kind word from an old friend.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

• I hope to add one last room or two late tonight, unfortunately I lost the steam I had started with.

My submission, Men of Science, is officially entered.

http://infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=104719

Comment

• Well it looks like I'm to be a big old liar. I said the one extension would be the only given, however I realized I will not be in town for the next few days and will have limited to no internet access.

Therefore I am extending the deadline a final time so that I can safely see the contest to its conclusion as well as give a few stragglers a few more days to throw something together. So...feel better Vesnic! :P

February 6th will be the new and FINAL deadline I will be back from my trip by then and everyone should be recovered fully from those wild Groundhog day festivities.

I see DEP has already submitted his story. Of course DEP you can continue to add to your story until the new deadline if you wish.

I apologize to anyone who wanted the contest to end on the 26th, but I assume this will actually help more people than hinder them so I'm rolling with it. As for the other contest entrants, what happened to them?! Where is Locke or Bi-Polar Bear? Do these people still exist? Give me a shout out to know your alive! Mama is worried and wants you all to come home!

Comment

• Fantastic. I keep wanting to work on it, so I will keep adding to it in the meantime.

Comment

• Sooo this place seems more dead than usual lately. I really would like more than 2 stories submitted for the contest. If anyone who signed up can contact me, that would be awesome. I'd like a minimum of 3 stories.

I would even be willing to extend the contest a bit longer so that can happen. I really really don't want to go past February 28th, but two stories is pretty lame so I do want at least three. What happened to everybody!? Did you all finally drink the kool-aid?!

Comment

• Hi Bat. I agree that two stories is lame and it's frustrating as the contest organizer. I feel bad for having let you and the community down, so I'll make you a deal. If you extend the deadline to the 28th, I promise you will have a submission from me. I also got a PM from the Bear a few days ago and I think he still wants to commit as well. Do we have a deal?

Originally posted by BatCountry View Post
                Did you all finally drink the kool-aid?!
                God forbid. I'd rather be dead than lose my soul to the current form of kool-aid all around us.
                Last edited by Vesnic; 02-05-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• If you are planning on submitting a story then you and I have struck an accord Miss Vesnic. I will yet again extend the deadline to February 28th. At this point I rather extend the time frame then only have two stories. While I'm sure DEP has a fine story, part of the fun for me is to read other peoples stories as well.

So I look forward to your contribution Miss Ves. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. 20 rooms and meeting the contest criteria will satisfy me.

And for the rest of you! What are your excuses?! All your Grandma's better be dying of gout!

Comment

• Sorry I failed at this one again - last year was kind of weird personally. And I seem to struggle more with tournament stories. Don't know why. But I have a couple of plots in mind I intend to hopefully do something with. Sorry again!

Comment

• So is this about to be the 2-year contest or are we done today?

Comment

• Hiya Honeys!

This little bear got in just under the wire and would like to share his story with you!

Ballad of the Bear

Maybe it's not so horrible and you won't be overly frightened, but I did incorporate my themes and I think this speaks to a quieter kind of terror about the creatures we are, what we've become and what we still can be.

I hope you enjoy! Some of it I wrote in iambic pentameter! Fun!
                        Semper urso

Comment

• I take it back, buttheads. I don't know who read my last post conceding my SHAME, but goddammit I am going to have until the end of the weekend.
                          Last edited by Vesnic; 03-01-2015, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• I read it, but I knew deep down you didn't mean it.

With Bear's entry I think you guys now got the minimal amount for a contest (3 stories to judge) but more always helps.

Haven't seen Bat log on lately though.
                            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Rover of the Sands

Comment

• I'm guessing DEP's story for the contest is Men of Science?
                                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information