Infinite Writing Tournament 11- Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BatCountry View Post
    You're in Spyronic. But I'm way too drunk right now to randomly choose your tropes. So alas, you must wait until later today after I sober up, take in some sunshine and eat a big old philly cheesesteak sammich to soak up the copious amounts of booze I have recently consumed. Hopefully I will avoid police intervention. I am texting this while driving after all.

All will be well spiedchronic! This is a noble undertaking you have chosen! Not for the feint of heart but the courageous of spirit and large of testicles. Your name shall be etched into marble upon the mighty monument that is Infinite Writing Tournament 11! But make sure to complete the task you have just accepted, otherwise degradation and insults will be heaped upon you. The acceptance of your peers shall be lost and renown within this sphere of influence shall wane into nothing. It is a pit of SHAME that you will descend into, which you may never escape.

REJOICE Pyrosonic! Soon you shall be counted among the few, the elite, the INFINITE!

I'll get your tropes later today, unless I'm in prison. Lyretonic, are you a wealthy person? Would you be able to make bail if need be so I can add you to the competition?
    Bat seems to me a red-blooded sort of fellow who wastes no time with regrets; but just in case this post makes him nervous later, I've decided to post it for posterity. I'm also keeping in mind the vague chance of finding myself in need of some highly circumstantial evidence against him, if nothing else as a convincing proof of his rancid, reprobate character.

As for this Spy character, I think it's brave to make one's first dive straight into the iniquities of the Infinite Tournament. Do you really know what you're getting yourself into, sonny girl? Bat drunkenly warned you of the dangers just before he hit that tree, which is a good thing since he won't be able to talk for quite awhile now with his shattered jaw wired shut and everything...
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I might be a bit over my head to be new and put myself into the tournament but I believe that I can do whatever I put my mind to. But I like writing so why not? The rooms and such are a challenge, and i dont shy from challenges. Just tell me the tropes I have, any other rules I may need to know and I hope to make this 'first impression' worth while.
      Killing time is a very hard thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyronic View Post
        ...but I believe that I can do whatever I put my mind to. But I like writing so why not?
        Why not indeed.

All the rules you need to know have been posted in this thread. If you're interested in reading entries from prior contests, those have all been listed on the main site under a single tab, including information about who wrote, who won and what the themes have been.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm back (again) and I'd love to be a part of the contest. Is it okay to join in, please?

Comment

Oh boy, Cat2000 just came back! Was this someone's Make-a-Wish-Foundation request? This is just awesome. I'm practically peeing myself. Wait, no, look at that; it's literal now.

Of course you can enter. You'll just have to wait on Bat Cunt Tree to sober up enough to assign you a couple of tropes.
            The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Spyronic! I have sobered up and stumbled out of a hobo shanty town underneath an overpass soaked in my own urine! Before making my way back home I have made it my mission to give you your tropes for the contest.

Using a random number generator, the gods have deemed your tropes to be....

MAD SCIENTIST & RITUAL SACRIFICE

Congrats on that. You are officially entered. But what is this I see? Another entrant?! Cat2000! Welcome back! I shall give you your tropes here as well. Lets see...Cat2000 your tropes for the contest will beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......... ..

Transformation/Metamorphosis & Brimstone

Interesting! You are officially entered as well Cat2000! This is shaping up to be one major contest! And yes Vesnic, no worries on me deleting my earlier post. I embrace my sins and own them. No regrets here. Just buckets of shame that will easily wash off after 3 hours taking a cold shower, crying, huddled in a corner.

Comment

What's strange is that those two themes aren't necessarily ones I would have chosen... and yet I'm already figuring out a plot in my mind. This should be interesting.

Now I just have to make sure I can actually finish...

Comment

Yesss, Cat came back and now we have this adorable little penguin man too, this is shaping up to be something great.

I hope to have my 20th page done by the end of the weekend so I can just sort of relax and bring the rest together in as leisurely and half-assed way as possible at some point during the next six months.

Comment

Just posting to make sure everyone knows this still exists . How far along is everybody? I'm sure per usual many of us will be last minute Milton's. Usually this time of the year can be good inspiration for horror with all the Halloweenie like things going on. I myself enjoy a good haunted hayride where all the masked ghoulies make half assed attempts to scare you and the really ballsy ones will grab at you, usually resulting in a swift kick to the zombie head.

All these safety precautions are really taking me out of it though. They work so hard to create a certain ambiance, but before I go into the haunted corn maze I have to be told to be really careful not to cut myself on the corn stalks because they are really sharp... Really now? Sharp corn is what we must fear in this world? A chainsaw wielding maniac wearing a poorly sutured skin mask bursts out toward me and I'm more worried about the apparently blade like corn stalks that I'm surrounded by. Way to ruin all the fun in this life pro-active safety precaution people. You suck.

Anyway, hoping all of you are working hard on your horror stories! Happy writing and Happy Halloween!

Comment

Coming this Halloween to a theater near you. The lurking threat your mother never warned you about. The innocent side dish gone horribly wrong. The newly discovered medical menace in a world where lumpy poop is now the least of your worries. How did things get so bad? Will you survive the sensations of vague unpleasantness and itchy skin inflicted upon you by

THE CHILBLAINS OF THE CORN

Comment

Just give her the prize now.
                        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                          Just give her the prize now.
                          Oh yes please! Except this time I really hope it's a tiara. Could you do that for me, guys? A nice little sparkly tiara with pink jewels? Thanks so much!

Now THAT would be spooooooky!

Comment

shit i forgot all about this site

am I still supposed to write something for this contest?

fcuk

Comment

I'm at 18 rooms now, no bullshit 3-sentence rooms either this time.

Hoping to have a complete story in time for the deadline, but that almost never happens ever with me so expecting it to happen by the deadline is even less likely.

Still though, 18 rooms; working on #19 right now.
                              The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I'm dead in the water. I've sunk to the lowest creative nadir in my life. Hooray.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information