No announcement yet.

Ves Ranting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn’t even know Katie had you look at the invitations!

DEP actually surprised me at the time, he just suddenly popped up saying “End? It’s me DEP.”

As I remember back on the original forums, DEP and I exchanged email addresses for some reason (I think he exchanged his with Chubby too) and in doing so, I knew his name and he knew mine. So between that and the avatar I was using on Facebook, he figured it out.

Though given that we speak on the forums there wasn’t really any need to ever actually email one another or talk on Facebook.

The funny thing is nobody ever addressed the fact that I unfriended them. I assume you get a notification when it happens. I don’t even think some noticed because I do remember a few of them tried to friend me again probably thinking they hadn’t done so already.

But the fact nobody said anything just sort of proved it wasn’t really important in the scheme of things. Or maybe some are just letting the unfriended insult fester, but I haven’t encountered any passive hostility from anyone.

(“You unfriended my mom?!” was about the only response I got. Lol)

As for you guys being friends of mine (Reminds me of how they speak in Mafia movies) I suppose I still always think of the Internet being a place that isn’t "real" to some degree. I’m probably always going to think of it in that way so I always question the idea of whether you can consider someone who you don’t interact with on a regular basis in the real world to really be a proper friend of any kind because they can’t really help you and you can’t really help them either in any meaningful way, besides uplifting text on the screen I guess. The direct human interaction isn’t there though.

But like I said before, I like you guys more than most people in real life. I'm sure there is some sort of deep rooted psychological reason for it, but hey I know what/who I like.
    Last edited by End Master; 10-21-2015, 12:49 PM.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Originally posted by End Master View Post
      I didn’t even know Katie had you look at the invitations!
      Yep! And per her request, I also tried my hand at adding a few things to those self-written vows and enlivening a toast or two. I'm not sure how far my talents extended in either of those directions, though maybe I was slightly more useful at recommending a few cello pieces for the next big family shindig. In any case, I had such an accurate account of precisely what the blushing bride wore at your wedding, I didn't even need to be on the guest list because the whole thing was perfectly etched in my mind after all the back and forth about fashion choices, colors, fabrics, the lot. It was so girly and fun and wedding planny!

Originally posted by End Master View Post
      As for you guys being friends of mine...I suppose I still always think of the Internet being a place that isn’t "real" to some degree. I’m probably always going to think of it in that way so I always question the idea of whether you can consider someone who you don’t interact with on a regular basis in the real world to really be a proper friend...The direct human interaction isn’t there...
      I feel the same way. That's why it makes me sad when people I know in real life relegate me to their virtual spheres and don't seem to know how to relate to me on strictly personal terms. As for those friendships, connections, serendipitous moonbeams existing only in the virtual realm, I guess they'll just stay in their lovely little firefly jars of not quite here, not quite there.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
        Just one very big gripe:

Do we seriously need a "Like" button? We're writers. That's what we use our words for, to tell the person, in substantive and qualifying language, what we thought of their masterpiece or their POS or anything in between. This isn't Facebook or YouTube or the Daily Mail; it's people talking to people on a much smaller and more mentally engaging scale-- so can we please please PLEASE nip that particular trend in the bud? At the very least, if the gamut of my emotions is going to be reduced to monkey-happy or monkey-mad, then at least give me a thumbs-down button to play with too. But in all seriousness, please just take it away. Not all trends are worth following and I think we're smart enough around here to do without this particular one.
        End Master liked this.

(Couldn't resist)
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Oh, you howling, howling cunt.

Edit: Oh wait, you didn't actually "Like" it, so you're still in my good books! That was a worthy rant, wasn't it?
          Last edited by Vesnic; 04-21-2016, 02:57 PM. Reason: Realized something...
          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Working...
          Do Not Sell My Personal Information