-X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    -Terminator 4- Salvation
    -Star Trek
    -Inglorious Bastards
    -Year One
    -Public Enemies
    -Bruno
    -Where the Wild Things Are

Now I can't afford to see all of these in theaters, so I'll have to pick and choose based on what the critics say. I will watch all the traps from Saw VI on youtube but definitely not the film. If Angels and Demons was on Home Box I might watch a bit of it but Tom Hanks is a god awful Robert Langdon. They should've had Clive Owen playing that role, then those movies could have actually been decent. There are also a few horror movies which will most likely be terrible but I'd consider going to on the off chance they get really good reviews. I've basically given up on modern day horror though, it is all pretty retarded.
    Click it now.

Comment

• I agree with you that Modern day horror has really gone to the dogs if anything they should attempt to remake the classic horrors just with the new effects that would be the best they could make quite a lot of money if they remade those plus the classics are the best. But the new horrors are getting pretty retarded i agree they just don't have the story lines that they need to keep the attention that they need to keep the audience attracted to the movie, there too much gore not enough story
      “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

• I'm really not looking forward to X-Men Origins. Every time someone starts the series over, be it movie or cartoon, it seems to be an unwritten rule that they must complete the plotlines for Wolverine's background and the whole Phoenix debacle, and then start sucking major ass. I'm so sick of seeing those two plotlines over and over again. At least Asteroid M is an amusing thought. I hate Phoenix, and I hate Wolverine's origin. Hell, I'm not all that big on Wolverine in general.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• I dunno, from the previews it just looks like a ton of people with powers kicking ass. It won't be a think piece certainly, I'm just in it to see mutants and explosions.
          Click it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfen44 View Post
            if anything they should attempt to remake the classic horrors just with the new effects.
            That's pretty much what they've been doing for the past decade. (Dawn of the Dead, Hills Have Eyes, Friday the 13th, etc.)

Movie Rant Time!

X-Men Origins: Not interested. Didn't like the first movie and didn't see the others.

Terminator 4: Looks alright, already looks better than the 3rd one that's for sure.

Star Trek: Looks rather "meh" and the new people playing the original crew don't look all that impressive. Looks like 90210 in space and there's probably a 50% chance they'll make Spock gay just for the hell of it. And I wish they'd quit with the time travel plots (which is in this movie) in the series altogether. A few time travel plots here and there are alright, but it's STAR Trek, not TIME Trek!

Personally, I would've rather them just continued in the 24th century with a new TNG crew or with some of the old TNG crew if they could get some of the actors. It's a big ass universe, you don't NEED to focus on Kirk or Picard all the time. Hell, do a Star Trek movie focusing on the aftermath of the Dominion War or something.

Inglorious Bastards: I'm not sure about either. Quentin's fine at doing over the top crime oriented stuff, but I'm not sure how that might work for a WW2 flick.

I understand this is his "Dirty Dozen" film. Now if he stayed as close to the "homage" as much as possible without going on some pop-culture tangent like he's prone to doing it would probably be cool, but from what I hear he's not going to be period specific and have things like fucking RAP music in the damn movie which I think is a bad idea.

Year One: Jack Black. Fuck it.

Public Enemies: A gangster movie with Christian Bale and Johnny Depp seems like it might be good.

Bruno: If it's anything like Borat It should be pretty funny.

Where the Wild Things Are: Well I still have the book so I don't think I need to see the movie.

Saw 6: Watched all the others in the theater, might as well finish up the series and then post on here about how much it sucked afterwards.
            Last edited by End Master; 03-31-2009, 09:25 AM.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• I'm looking forawrd to Year One and The Road. And I'll probably see Saw 6 also, since I've seen the other five (the only sucky thing is that I always completely forget the plots from the past installments when the new one comes out).

Mostly I'm excited about the first two, though. I've never really cared for Jack Black (sometimes he's funny), but I love Michael Cera's character. As for The Road, I don't think they've released an official trailer yet, but the screenshots look good and the book kicked ass.

Comment

• A movie that I would like them to remake is Nosforatu I watched that classic and I think that it they should make a remake just cause of how good of a movie it was[can anybody say classic]
                “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

• The most recent remake of Nosferatu I can think of was Shadow of the Vampire. Though it's not strictly a remake.

It takes the idea that the director of the film hired a real vampire to make his movie realistic. Then he promises the main actress to the vampire as payment and just lies to all the rest of his cast that the vampire is just an extreme method actor who stays in character at all times.

I don't know how I forgot about The Road movie coming out. I absolutely must go see that one.
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Ah but they should make a full remake of the same exact movie dont you agree??

Comment

• Finally broke down and watched Slumdog Millionaire tonight. Despite the irritatingly small subtitles, I liked it a lot. Kind of like an Indian version of Forrest Gump. I also saw that new Fast & Furious movie opening night (it's a long story). You guys probably don't need me to tell you this, but it's not worth the $7.50 (or whatever you get charged). That being said, it was better than I thought it would be.

Slumdog Millionaire gets a 9.5 out of 10.

The other one gets a 6.5.

Comment

• I've had DVD quality X Men Origins: Wolverine on my comp for a while now but I still haven't watched it. It's a trip how some of these movies leak out BEFORE their release.

I know I wont like it anyway.

I saw slumdog at the behest of my dear mother. It was okay. From what I hear it didn't go over too well in India, though.

The only movie I'm really looking forward to right now is Bruno. I love that man's work.

Comment

• Speaking of India, did you guys hear about the 1500 farmers that committed mass suicide? Tis messed up, then again, when you are a country with a rapidly growing population over a billion, I guess 1500 doesn't mean quite as much as it would in a smaller country with a lower birthrate per capita.
                          Click it now.

Comment

• then again, when you are a country with a rapidly growing population over a billion, I guess 1500 doesn't mean quite as much as it would in a smaller country with a lower birthrate per capita.
                            Ha. This struck my funny bone.

Anyway, I didn't hear about it, yet. I'll have to google it.

Comment

• Heh can anybody say mass cult suicide slash religious irony thats just funny as hell

Comment

• Drugstore Cowboy. Thanks, apoth. I forgot about that one. I remember watching it a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago and liking it.

Due for another viewing.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information