No announcement yet.

Movies (recently seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think was better? The Last Man on Earth or I Am Legend?

I think IAL was a good movie, and an excellent remake of TLMOE. I actually prefer I am legend to the original; even though the original featured one of my favorite actors of all time.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

• Why would anyone want to go watch Meet the Spartans?

The only possible reason any of my friends or I could possibly want to see that movie is a deep, morbid curiousity. How bad could it be? So, in that light, I'm pretty sure Meet the Spartans is not a comedy movie- it's a horror movie.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Usoki View Post
        Why would anyone want to go watch Meet the Spartans?

The only possible reason any of my friends or I could possibly want to see that movie is a deep, morbid curiousity. How bad could it be? So, in that light, I'm pretty sure Meet the Spartans is not a comedy movie- it's a horror movie.
        I can't stand spoof movies (with a few exceptions) and this one looks more repulsive than the rest.

We need more movies featuring monkeys.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

• Then by all means, Poop, you should audition.

Badda-BING!
          Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:01 AM.
          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

• Ya but Michael is a Carlos Mencia fan, so it has already been established that he has bad comedic tastes.

Sorry, Michael. You know it's true, though. But enough about you. How was the movie? Was it as horrible as the commercials on my Hypno-Box made it out to be?

Comment

• Hey, guys!

Have you ever wanted to hear the philosophical musings of unemployed Bulgarian heroin addicts?

No, you say?

Oh...

Nevermind, then.
              Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Ummm...YES.

Jesus, don't you know me at all, Ves?

Oh, and Michael - the only way I CAN see movies is alone. Just like everything else in my life:

Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, walking in the woods, sex, sex, sex, and sex.

Comment

• LeBlanc: I'm planing on making an animated movie about my charecters. Any intrest?
                  OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leblanc4prez View Post
                    LeBlanc: I'm planing on making an animated movie about my charecters. Any intrest?
                    Of course!

Sometimes I wish LeBlanc would just speak for himself, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
                      Of course!

Sometimes I wish LeBlanc would just speak for himself, though.
                      Okitay... But first thing first... I need writers, oh you fired them? Well get Chubby he works cheap.
                      OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelRayHolt
                        I don't think I've ever been that honest in my entire damn life.

You da man, Chubby. You da man.

I think you are an imposter.The real MRH,even when making light stupid jokes,used proper punctuations in his grammatical efforts;and heaped derision on others for their minor infractions....you are not da' man.
                        "Defects are always more tolerable than the changes necessary to correct them"

Comment

• Sing along, kids!

All her friends, they just watch her
                          (watch her)
                          For they know the great impostor
                          (impostor)
                          Don't you know he's on the stage?
                          (Ra ta ta, ra ta ta)
                          It's not real, it's just a play
                          (Ra ta ta, ra ta ta)
                          And he's playing the part
                          (Ooh oooooooooooh)
                          That is soon to break her heart
                          (Doobie dooooooo)

On a completed unrelated note, I am not watching any movies tonight!
                          Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• I on the other hand have an entire evening line up consisting of Michael Clayton,Charlie sumbodies' War,and My Own Private Idaho ( ...I have been on a Gus kick here lately;just finished Last Days and Drugstore Cowboy by GVS and it was pretty awesome.Better than I remembered).
                            "Defects are always more tolerable than the changes necessary to correct them"

Comment

• I found the cure to insomnia!

Roman Polanski's Tess.

In addition to the ever-present, ever-somnolent English countryside, the movie is also just really, really awful. It's always sad to see a great novel with good cinematic potential get utterly butchered. Well, it would be sad if I had energy enough after suffering through the entire thing to give a rat's ass.

So, kids, what do we expect in movies adapted from novels?

Awesome scenery! I'll grant it that. It won an award for cinematography.

Loyalty to the original! No. Scratch that. Important events were eliminated. Characters were mutated. Chickens were molested.

Accurate casting! Whoever casted this dud had either never read the book or was just working as someone else's bitch, because just about every important casting choice was a complete disaster. First of all:

Nastassja Kinski cannot act! It's a plain, sad fact. She has the emotional range of a diaper. She also couldn't pull off a convincing English accent to save her life. Nor does she even look in the least bit English. The other major offense was the casting choice for the *snort snort* romantic leading man, Angel Clare. I mean, he's supposed to be attractive, not the sweaty, flu-flushed, carrot-topped...

No, you know what? This has gone on too long already. It's not even a new movie. Just make sure you give it a miss if your girlfriend ever tries to get you to watch it with her.
                              Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• I just puked a lot. It wasn't pleasant. Why do I drink?
                                Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information