Question for anyone who is fat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by End Master View Post
    ...and I think Drag was on her list as well at that point...
    Yeah, because I basically almost never spoke to her or commented on anything she posted on the forum. Never really said anything about her or to her... and never even said why... so I was somehow demonized in her eyes... whatever.
    Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Yeah, I kinda figured that's why she changed the theme. I think she hated Locke and Chubbs because she was only able to take arguments seriously. I never understood how she decided End, Katie, and Apoth hated her.

As far as I know, Ves was the only one big on off-forum chatting, and that was just with End, Katie, and Apoth. But since I don't do it myself, I wouldn't know.

And I still have no idea why I'm able to slip under everyone's radar. No one blames me for anything- it's kinda awesome.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

It's the avatar, Usoki.
        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

What character is it I know I've seen it before but I dont know the name
          “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
            It's the avatar, Usoki.
            I see, I see. So when I occasionally don't read one of your posts when you get all ranty and mad and write for paragraphs on a serious subject with high vocabulary- it's not that I don't care about the subject at hand and therefore don't want to analyze your post... but it's that I have a subconscious and deeply rooted fear of school locker combination locks? And I can get away with almost anything as long as I have a cute 'lil dancing avatar?

It's a nameless Deku Shrub, from the Zelda series, during the N64 era.
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Also try this site Apoth still might help

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/8-23-2004-58259.asp
              “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Eh, I've tried all those. I've just accepted that the law of thermnodynamics no longer applies to me. If I ever do become completely two dimensional, I'll be able to travel through walls, so its not all bad.
                Click it now.

Comment

I think Ves stopped coming around because I stopped coming around. As you all know I alone drive traffic volume around here.
                  The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

From what I've read through the forums she does sound pretty crazy. The fact is that most of the people that are on there are a little schizoid but hey I add to the population. But I wish she would come back around she sounded like she helped liven the place up a little. A good question for you guys how many people still log into the site like is there still a double digit number at least???

Comment

The main writing site's always been active given how regularly stories are added to or created by random people popping in. The forums on the other hand not so much. At the height of its activity, it might be in the low double digits, and it doesn't stay like that for long.

The forums are currently on lock down anyway, since Sev made it so anyone new joining the forums had to get his permission to post first due to the spambots suddenly flooding the site and then he went and disappeared again.
                      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I find that Sev is more mysterious than anything

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                          The main writing site's always been active given how regularly stories are added to or created by random people popping in.
                          Even then this time last year there was a hell of a lot more traffic than there is this year but i got something to fix that and or I know people

Comment

I personally enjoy the low member count- any large forum usually has a group of 10ish regulars who carry the weight of the forums anyway- we just cut out the middlemen. And the lowermen. And a lot of the highmen. Hymen. Hah.

I like to think that a lot of it has to do with our habitual and inevitable berating of the underlings. It's a rite of passage- only the tough skinned can make it through to become accepted members. As opposed to "that annoying newbie who won't go away". It's an odd system, to be sure, but I like it.

Look at Worth1000, that DEP used to link to randomly. The forums are really only 10ish people, with random one-times strewn about everywhere. And I have never seen such a sickening display of the politically-correct-non-offensive-feel-good faerie. It's so boring over there. They're all so... civil.

Comment

In my experience, the ones who become "accepted" are good at a few very specific things:

- Posting rarely

- Tolerating insults

- Retorting back with even better (and usually more intelligent) insults

- Not losing their temper

- Making fun of Michal Ray Holt

... No "tough skin" necessary.
                              Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 04-01-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

If you can speak proper English and not be horrendously annoying you should really do fine. Thick skin does help though. If you are really reactive you won't do so well.

Lets take all the people who have failed at this forum:

MRH- Great English, but possibly the most abrasive personality in history.

Megamann- Not terribly eloquent and annoying as fuck. On top of that, very reactive. Exponentially bad combo.

Fuck there are a lot more. My memory is shitty. I shouldn't drink on a Wednesday night.

The point is, just don't be obnoxious and abrasive and learn to take a few hits and you should do great.
                                Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information