Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
    More interactive fiction: Choice of Games
    Lol. You really missed these three threads?

http://forums.infinite-story.com/showthread.php?t=568

http://forums.infinite-story.com/showthread.php?t=2813

http://forums.infinite-story.com/showthread.php?t=2820
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Yeah, I guess so. Excpet that third one in which I participated in your thread. I didn't realise it was the same place though.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Okay... so this is at least a few years old... but I, for one, had never seen it before. And I cannot stop laughing. Nor can I share it in most of my other social circles without having at least one person freak the fuck out.

Forklift Driver Klaus
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Usoki, that's insane. Well worth the first the first two or three minutes. I hope some safety-conscious entity paid a lot of money for that.
          Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

In case some of you haven't seen it yet. A woman escapes a house fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=udS-OcNtSWo

EDIT: The "news bloopers" on the profile of the poster are also pretty funny.
            Last edited by Locke; 06-18-2012, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Improbable Island

Comment

Meant to throw this up awhile back - months ago - just remembered it.

http://www.profilebooks.com/announci...ad-and-iphone/

Popular CYOA-style novel for iphone/ipad (presumably formatting/licensing means you're out of luck unless you have one of those or some sort of crack program - thanks Apple!), sort of a re-interpretation of Frankenstein.

I know it deviates from the original some, but not sure how much.

Also, does anyone know of any (original!) songs in Sindarin, or similar? Heard it on the radio awhile back and liked it but I've mostly found existing stuff that's been "translated" so far.

Comment

Everyone is an Asshole

Comment

Just tried the address for the old IS2 "alpha" site - http://dev.infinite-story.com/

Strangely enough it forwards to https://admin.auroracoin.com/

Makes me wonder, since I was intrigued and liked the idea behind Auroracoin when it showed up.

When I pull up Sev's resume, the site is listed as a "personal web project" - so I guess he designed the page?

Cryptocurrency is a strong interest of mine, so it's cool to find him mixed up in it, especially with such a clever/gimmicky one. Sometimes my worlds mix in such bizarre and coincidental ways. The site design is also nice (although I know nothing about web design, and my free opinion is worth what you've paid for it).

Comment

Hey jackholes. For those of you in search of awesome APPiness, I have just found the right CYOA(ish) thing for you!

Kim Kardashian's New Smartphone Game! Eep!

That's right, kiddies. You can now play as Kim Kardashian, and through an odd post-modern progression of brown-nosing, bird-squeezing and losing your own identity in your attempts to keep Kim happy, you too can have a little taste of the good life at the top of the writhing celebrity heap. The actual choosy bits of this interactive encounter are sadly a little dubious. For instance, the game starts with you working as a retail monkey in a high-end Hollywood boutique. Her Kimness enters just as you're trying to close the store for the evening and you are presented with the option to either tell her she's a tad too late, come back tomorrow, or to throw the doors wide open because, um, she's The Kim. If you were dumb enough to insist upon personal and professional boundaries, then Kim apparently gets a little gray cloud over her head and she repeats the question in excellent dictatorial fashion, this time giving you the choice to say "Yes, Your Kimness! Of course! Anything for you!" in one of three different ways. Attaboy/attagirl! You'll get the hang of this in no time! A little reward pellet comes tumbling down into your cage in the form of fake money or status or something and, even more importantly, you have learned the crucial lesson of not objecting to little things like emotional manipulation or economic exploitation. Following along these same lines, you can probably go far...

That is, until you run out of "energy". Kimmy K. is nothing if not the perfect embodiment of the Protestant Work Ethic. After all, she is always performing some sort of job, and she expects no less from you. In order to keep your Overlady happy, you can buy (with your real money stuffs, too!) energy points, which serve as some sort of cocaine/amphetamine to keep your obliterated little avatar trucking along past the point of human endurance.

Pretty rad, innit?
                      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Ugh, I never thought I'd long for the days when it was only Paris Hilton's whore face plastered everywhere.

As far as I'm concerned the Kardashians and everyone connected to them fall into the same trash category as Honey Boo Boo and others of that ilk. Can't they all just be good enough to horribly die in a paparazzi high speed chase like Princess Diana?

Comment

Here, after all that you guys deserve something nice.

Actually I might have posted this before, can't remember, but Fabled Lands a great classic fantasy CYOA series someone converted to be playable on the computer. I picked it up on an abandonware site years ago but had to go digging for it on my old comp since the download seems really hard to find now.

Looks like there's an iOS version out there too if you're into that kind of thing, if I owned any electronics with a lower case 'i' in front of the game I'd probably buy it just to be supportive and whatnot.

Comment

Also I hear there is this amazing Warrior Cats fanfic over on CYS, if anybody gets a minute could you go over there and leave an enraged, badly spelled rant?

(Suggested rant topics are 1.) too much cat sex, or 2.) not enough cat sex)

Thanks!

Comment

Just read through your warrior cat parody.

Like I mentioned in my comments, that still was more coherent than the real WC trash that gets rounded up and deleted over there.

Comment

I'm actually a little disappointed by the response, I was hoping for more rage.

Maybe the intended audience just hasn't found it yet.

In hindsight the framing device might have been a mistake, it would have been funnier just to post it as straightforward Warrior Cats fic and see how many people I could get going and then lecturing me on spelling and punctuation.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information