X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimme gimme gimme!
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Using google maps street view, this program drops you off somewhere in the world. Your goal is to find an airport so you can get home.

http://www.mapcrunch.com
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I tried that. It put me here.

The view was exactly the same in every direction. No matter how much I clicked, the landscape never changed. And although there was never a road in sight when I clicked, somehow each click landed me at a four-way crossroads in the middle of this godforsaken place. Apparently I was going somewhere, though, because eventually a road sign showed up telling me I had another forty miles ahead of me before I hit anything.

Thanks.
        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

It's disappointing that it started me there too. Exact starting spot.

But I did travel along the road through a town and all kinds of shit. It's google street view, so it's way faster if you click way down the road.

Comment

That reminded me immediately of the set from that strange 90's flick with Viggo Mortensen, The Gospel According to Harry.

Comment

I stumbled on this immense archive of fiction while browsing around. Seems to be someone's personal folder on the ftp at SETI - so I suppose you could also poke around and vicariously stalk the other members, but most of it is probably really dry. On the other hand, there's this person, this author and research scientist who's devoted her personal folder to warehousing speculative fiction in txt format. That's refreshing - given that most of the novels I download have to be converted from epub, mobi, or some other e-reader format these days - but probably frustrating if you're one of those complete bastards (most people?) who've fused with your cell phone and do everything on that.

ftp://ftp.seti.org/phillips/scifi

Comment

The Uncle who works for Nintendo

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                  This looks like a game of some kind. I will have to close some tabs sometime in the next few days and try this out. A hundred or so are open at any given moment, such that the resources are maxed out and the quality of the most basic applications gets degraded. Damn your ambiguous hyperlinks.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a dick like that sometimes.

It's an interactive story with hyper-link options. Kind of a slowly building creepy tension builds up. It's kind of strange.

Comment

How is that even POSSIBLE?

No! Don't shit on the Internet!

Comment

Well, he likes to "shit on the internet", so I'll use the opportunity here in this thread to roar,

ENDMASTERRRRRRR WHERE THE FUCK YOU AT, BRAH?

Comment

Oh third world countries, how you are ever an ongoing source of entertainment when you aren't being the staging ground of horrible diseases!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM
                          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Oh god I'm so fucking bored! Somebody please help me! I've never been so viciously, maliciously, mercilessly bored in all my life. Give me the antidote. I'll do anything. Anything! Just give me something interesting to see or do or talk about or contemplate or even just know the fucking existence of!

I'm faaaaaaallllliiiiinnnnnggggggggg!!!!...

Comment

I'm dying in this town! Aggghh!! Ahhhh!!! GRAGGRAGAHHhH!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So do you still consider yourself a citizen of the world or have you come to the conclusion that no matter where you go, there you are and ultimately the rest of the world isn't really any more interesting than America since it's ultimately just the same boring soulless petty people and the same mundane shit wrapped up in a different package?
                                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information