Song dedications!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
    Python, the gift that keeps on giving. One man's struggle against reality. Dedicated to you-know-who.
    LOL!

I forgot all about that bit. Thanks for posting it Ves.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Good music for hanging yourself!

Let's see ... in Girl, Interrupted, the Brittany Murphy character got out of the looney bin too soon, whipped out her Skeeter Davis and played End of the World on her little suitcase record player.

Ian Curtis, punk's epileptic emo God, did himself in by suspension from the kitchen laundry rack with Iggy Pop's The Idiot on replay in the background.

I don't know whether Robin Williams had a soundtrack or not. He seemed a very serious sort when he wasn't desperately japing.

As for me, I think it would have to be this. There's something hypnotic about it, which is great when you're also hypoxic. The noxious quality of Dave Davies' voice would also probably help speed things along.

Any other suggestions? What would be your hanging song? Remember, your sense of hearing is the last thing to go!
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Aww, you guys are no fun.

Comment

Never been much for suicidal thoughts, but I don't think hanging would be my go to choice for suicide. I hate it when I have to wear a tie because it feels like a little noose around my neck, so an actual noose would be out of the question.

Besides all that, I have a hard enough time tying a tie, so I can imagine my badly tied noose would just result in me jumping off a table or whatever and the damn thing coming undone and me just falling to the floor at best.

At worst it just slowly strangles me instead of breaking my neck, and that's not a desirable way to go. Presumably even if I was to kill myself, I'd prefer it to be quick.

Also, I've always had the idea that hanging seems to increase your chances of "stuck" in some sort of ghostly purgatory. Seems like most of the ghost stories I've heard over the years always involved someone hanging themselves.

Probably just superstition on my part of course, but no need to take the chance of being an equally miserable ghost right?

I imagine like most dudes who commit suicide, I'd go for the boring old standby of a gun without any musical fanfare since I'd want to just get it over and done with and even then I'd be too concerned about something going wrong and I fuck myself up even more and wind up a vegetable or retard.

I suppose I could choose a shotgun to increase my chances of success, but even then I've seen things go wrong with that, and the results of a botched suicide with a shotgun are pretty damn bad.

Besides all that, I suppose in the scheme of things haven't been all that bad for me to dwell on suicidal thoughts.

Murderous thoughts on the other hand are another story. Not sure if I'd go with appropriately themed music such as a heavy metal mix tape to listen to while on a shooting spree or go with the opposite and pick a mix of music that is upbeat and happy sounding.

I suppose the happy upbeat music, since the musical dissonance is just too good to pass up and I'd probably want to stay in a positive mood.

Though classical music is always a good fall back too. Yeah let's go with that and let's also go with the idea that I have somehow to set up the kill zone(s) with speakers so it's blasting the music so everyone can hear it.

Beethoven and his ilk have endured centuries so far and there is no reason to believe they won't endure a few centuries more. I'd like to have my deeds to somewhat have a timeless quality to them, even if it's in my own deranged mind and I'm ultimately just going to be another asshole who snapped and then got gunned down. (Suicide by cop!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2g7JzSFn_w

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcOpyM9cBg
          Last edited by End Master; 11-12-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
            Besides all that, I have a hard enough time tying a tie, so I can imagine my badly tied noose would just result in me jumping off a table or whatever and the damn thing coming undone and me just falling to the floor at best.
            I won't lie. That made me lol pretty hard.

At worst it just slowly strangles me instead of breaking my neck, and that's not a desirable way to go. Presumably even if I was to kill myself, I'd prefer it to be quick.
            Don't you know anything? In order to break your neck properly, you'd have to make a very precise calculation of the drop, usually between four and eight feet, which is unfeasible for most DIY types. The British government had it worked out perfectly based on your body weight, build, age and overall health and I consulted the table recently, though I'm too lazy a motherfucker to post it here. The problem with dropping too short is that you don't break your neck and instead asphyxiate. The problem with dropping too low is that the sudden upward shock of the noose could very well decapitate you, not to mention rip off shreds of your neck and spinal stuffs. Very nasty for whomever finds you. At the very least, make sure the knot of the noose is tucked under your chin on the left. Instantaneous death by hanging should result in fracture of the C1-C2 discs accompanied by severe damage to or complete severing of the spinal cord. Usually this will also break the hyoid bone (which keeps your tongue in place) and take out part of your thyroid gland, but you're likely not to care at this point in the game. Man, they'd have a hell of a time trying to hang me considering I have no cervical discs at all and I'm fucking bionic. Badass!

Also, I've always had the idea that hanging seems to increase your chances of "stuck" in some sort of ghostly purgatory. Seems like most of the ghost stories I've heard over the years always involved someone hanging themselves.
            My ex-boyfriend, you know, the one I wrote the poem about? He hanged himself. One day, completely out of nowhere, I felt oddly compelled to take out his picture where I'd buried it in a drawer and just look at it for a very long time. Then that night, and I am not kidding here, he "visited" me. He said something like, "We never got close enough" and what ensued was, uh, well...let's just say they got it nailed under the coffin. It was an intensely happy and strangely sweet experience. I was still thinking of him the next day and reassessing the end of our relationship when my friend called to tell me that actually he had been found strung up from a tree on one of his favorite hiking paths. I've had sex with a ghost. Beat that.

Probably just superstition on my part of course, but no need to take the chance of being an equally miserable ghost right?
            Well as you see, some of them just have some randy unfinished business to attend to, since I never put out for him in life, and then they go to a happier place. I haven't heard from him since and he left me with a feeling of forgiveness, replacing his last living words to me in anger.

I imagine like most dudes who commit suicide, I'd go for the boring old standby of a gun without any musical fanfare since I'd want to just get it over and done with.
            You men are such pansies. You just don't understand that life is suffering the way women do. You really think you can spare yourselves your own deaths, you idiots? Dying is the greatest thing ever and a shameful thing to waste.

Murderous thoughts on the other hand are another story.
            Yeah, figures.

I suppose the happy upbeat music, since the musical dissonance is just too good to pass up and I'd probably want to stay in a positive mood.
            That's the spirit!

Rossini? That's a bit random. Or are you less of a cretin than I took you for?

And since this is the music thread, just remember you'll never know when you've only got twenty-five minutes to go.

Comment

are you less of a cretin than I took you for?
              Anything's possible I suppose.

Actually I was aware of all the hanging rules and experts that the British Empire had, but as I said my poor knot tying skill would still fail me making it all pretty pointless.

Glad to hear you added necrophilia to your list of sins. You probably should always think back to that moment whenever you get depressed (Won’t be long I’m sure) for a small ego boost. You can always take pride in the fact that some guy was so in to you that he had to stick around a little while longer after he died so he could know you in a biblical way.

I didn’t think Rossini was that random, since I sort of thought Thieving Magpie was a pretty well known piece of classical music, or “common” if you prefer. After all it did feature prominently in A Clockwork Orange and a few old loony tunes cartoons. The latter of which is probably how I first acquired a fondness for that brand of music in the first place.

Now here’s something random.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQkhJdf0eJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtEIBMFg_Y

Seriously, when I heard this as a kid, for some reason I really liked it. The most of the album actually, but it might of been because the first time I heard it I was playing with little plastic knights, demons, etc and it acted like a soundtrack for what I was doing.

Comment

Ok, sorry for calling you a cretin.

As for necrophilia, it didn't quite feel right for the situation, so I looked it up and it turns out to be spectrophilia. Much cleaner experience. No maggots, unholy vapors or rancid bits coming undone.

Now you mention it, I do recall watching a documentary about Looney Tunes and there was a part where they focused on the musical selections, which introduced an entire generation (and succeeding generations) to classical music, which doesn't otherwise have a real home in American popular culture. I think it was Robin Williams who exclaimed "Rossini?!", then launched into a reasonably tuneless version of Magpie or something similar.

In Germany, there's a terrible Nazi organization called GEMA that is making it impossible for me to hear those links you posted on YouTube.

...but it might of been...
                Oh, for fuck's sake.

Comment

Fallen leaves and fallen lives. A song for Paris in autumn, 2015.

Comment

In Germany, there's a terrible Nazi organization called GEMA that is making it impossible for me to hear those links you posted on YouTube.
                    It was just two pieces by Vangelis from Albedo .039 in the last post.

But I really wasn't bothered by you calling me a cretin. I mean hell we've called each other worse on here.

Anyway, glad you weren't sent to Paris and have avoided terrorist attacks so far while over in Europe.
                    Last edited by End Master; 11-14-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Oh, and on my tombstone, I want it to have my name and dates followed by, "The Ape is Dead."

The Ape is Dead

at 3:54

Comment

On the second anniversary of a really horrible time, I'd like to remind all you fellas that female bodies are for worshipping, not desecrating. Especially when they've got...hot legs!

Comment

This one goes out to everyone...but especially my one special friend.

Shindo

This was the music I was listening to back in 97.

Its more poignant now.

Its ska-punk-hardcore. You've been warned.

Comment

In celebration of the recent life here in the forums, here's an inspiring song for when you're feeling down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqR_SwwByMM

Comment

ROFL. What would I do without you guys?

Comment

Yet another...

beautiful

grinding, monotonous, predictable. song link by yours truly. This one really does some up my feelings at the moment, though.

bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information