No announcement yet.

IS Bouncer Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my God what am I looking at here, it's all functional and not broken and stuff. I mean, it even looks nice. It even let me log in on the first try. Between this and the whole newbie approver thing and the new mod(s) it's like the site could actually be welcoming to new, non masochistic people now. I just don't know what to make of it. I'm so terrified and confused.
    Last edited by mizal; 02-22-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Still no word on bouncer status. I've nudged him via email a few times, but no reply. Hopefully it will happen relatively soon before the newbies wanting to join pack thier bags and leave.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I'll mention it (another) Monday morning if nothing changes; I'd planned to, anyway, as that makes two weeks since the conclusion of the poll.
        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

He has responded to one of my emails. I've been nudging him every 5-6 days or so. He said he's buzy with the real world but is going to have it set up as soon as he's able.

No powers yet, but at least it's progress. Just wanted to give you some sort of update.

Comment

Still nothing. I'm gonna nudge him again.

Comment

Alright shit, it's on like donkey kong.

Thank you severenz for getting this set up.

Comment

Looks like I can post under my own SN now. =)

Comment

Great. Does the mod status limit you to approving new members, or can you do more? The expedited approval process alone is good news, of course, but it's nice to know in case of spambots or whatever.

Originally posted by dreamshell View Post
                  Looks like I can post under my own SN now. =)
                  Righteous, now we can start the hazing. How's it feel to be a literary hack?
                  Last edited by Locke; 03-15-2011, 09:36 PM.
                  Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                    Great. Does the mod status limit you to approving new members, or can you do more? The expedited approval process alone is good for the forum, of course, but it's nice to know in case of spambots or whatever.

I can ban spammers. I will not ban troll though, so you're all safe in that regard.

Comment

I'm free!
                      Holla from Philly, Montgomery style.

Comment

Quick, everyone make multiple accounts now.
                        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Sven Smokevich View Post
                          I'm free!
                          Yes Sven, no longer will you need to house the spirits of members awaiting approval. The many souls that once inhabited you are gone. Since you were a false account in the first place, I suppose that leaves you a hollow and empty shell. Kind of sad, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                            That title feels a little misleading. A person should have to write (and presumably post) something on here first before they can be seen as unoriginal and mediocre.

Therefore, I rename myself "Literary Fraud" until such a time.

Comment

That's exellent news, DEP! Do you both have the privileges?

Comment

No just DEP. For reasons known only to Sev, he didn't bother responding to the one email I sent him. Hell, we'd probably still be without a mod at all if DEP hadn't constantly sent emails to him. So it's one of those "if you want it bad enough and work hard enough, dreams really do come true!" things.

Anyway we got someone to let in the peeps and ban the bots now, so it's cool.

EDIT:Seems like DEP should have an avatar of Cerberus scooping up his poop now.
                                Last edited by End Master; 03-16-2011, 12:30 PM.
                                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information