No announcement yet.

IWT 10 - The Overpowered Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a lot like Gulliver's Travels. I was the unruly behemoth who needed to be tied down and treated like filth by the scrappy, nude pygmy natives. It was an adventure I tell ya. And yes, I think we've all dreamed of stuffing it to the munchkins of Oz. All the characters of Oz I'd say. Tell me none of you have ever wanted to take a pass at a flying monkey?

Anyway, thank you Mizal for your apology. You are truly an understanding soul.

Comment

Originally posted by BatCountry View Post
      All the characters of Oz I'd say. Tell me none of you have ever wanted to take a pass at a flying monkey?
      Oh, absolutely. IIRC that was actually one of the things that got me writing fanfic at such a young age. The movie would have been so much better if it included Dorothy having a threesome with a flying monkey and an angry apple tree...I've even heard rumors that was part of the director's original intent, but I guess the 30's just wasn't ready for such a bold vision.

Comment

I'll post something longer over the weekend, but... yes. Extended to February 7th. As much as I hate to make it a rolling deadline, we really need to have enough entries to make it worth holding a contest.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Pussy. I knew you'd cave. :P

When I get to run the contest I'll uphold the deadline with an iron fist.
          Last edited by mizal; 01-30-2014, 12:43 AM. Reason: Usoki is a pushover

Comment

Guys.

I just figured out how to make colored text for my story.

Contest over, I win.

Comment

I fold. Too much real life getting in my face. I don't have time to waste on your little contest. Therefore...

LET THE DOUBLE PENET- I MEAN SHAMING COMMENCE!

Comment

Shouldn't make much difference to you anyway, you've been on the SHAME list since IWT8.
                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamshell View Post
                  I fold.
                  That's too bad. I'd be interested in reading your stuff.

As for me, I dunno. My health has been at best delicate lately but it's not over till it's over.

I know this will inspire a chorus of guffaws, but I would love to do away with the whole shame thing in favor of something a little more mature...

Yeah, don't know why I bothered with that... It must have its roots in my early childhood when I was a sensitive, timorous little soul prone to fits of acute shame breaking out like hives all over my sin-ridden body.
                  My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I like the SHAME system. SHAME can be administered over the internet. Dreamshell's alternate suggestion of DOUBLE PENETRATION has it's merits, true, but in the long run that would require plane tickets and such, and people can be so reluctant to give out their home address, so I just don't think it's practical.

And I haven't touched my story at all since the extension, but I still have twenty rooms so looks like I win by default!

Comment

Really it's up to Usoki if he wants to do the SHAME thing since he's in charge. Though he's been pretty flexible on the deadline already.

Honestly the reason why I initially had it was so there would be some consequences (if meaningless in the scheme of things) for people that dropped out because it was usually a case of where you'd get a bunch of people saying they were writing something and then falling through despite the pretty lenient time frame.

So SHAME was born and it was easy enough to avoid. It seemed to keep people fairly on track the two years in a row when I did it. Not sure why it isn't working for Usoki other than he also instituted SCORN and maybe he's become more hated than feared with his increased repressive regime.

But who will stop the reign of mad king Usoki if YOU don't submit a story? If nobody makes the effort then he'll just rule over you all laughing at your childhood weaknesses that have crippled you from fulfilling your destiny.

Remember Ves you were once Queen yourself for two glorious years! You could make IS land bright once again and get rid of SHAME and SCORN forever!

Comment

Jesus people just grab any old fantasy paperback for 50 cents at a garage sale, change the main character's name and type up 20 pages.

You all act like this is so hard.

Comment

Honestly, although I'm probably not anywhere near as sick as Ves, the pulmonary embolism has thrown off what would otherwise be an impressive Winter of Epic Writing. So if ever there were to be a time to overthrow me, this would be it.

I've also decided that putting a deadline before the weekend is dumb. The final due date is 2/9/14, 11:59 PM, Pacific Time. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. But as End said, I'm in charge. So fuck it, I'm doing it. Everybody gets the weekend to slap shit together and avoid SHAME. Write a short story on page one, and then have 19 empty rooms, if you have to.

I don't expect to get a third year of tyrannical power, but dammit, I'll have something. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Apoth's mudkip story, but I'll do it if I have to.
                          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Speaking of Apoth, I'm fairly certain he's going on this year's SHAME list as well.

Really, unless Ves pulls herself from Death's Door I'm fully expecting you to win again.

Comment

Jesus people just grab any old fantasy paperback for 50 cents at a garage sale, change the main character's name and type up 20 pages.
                              it would be so easy , all thats needed is couple of nights

Really, unless Ves pulls herself from Death's Door I'm fully expecting you to win again.
                              vesnic have sacrificed a goat , she chose a wrong direction

Jesus Christ
                              Last edited by Sponge.; 02-08-2014, 01:47 PM. Reason: like 7 in the morning, time to go
                              soak it up

Comment

I like how Chub...I mean Sponge edited out the drinking references, but didn't bother correcting the grammar mistakes. Lol.

In any event I keep reading his name as "Spooge" rather than Sponge.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information