No announcement yet.

Hello, everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say concentrate on your own story and don't try to change it around for the contest since this one is pretty much cancelled.

Xnull disappeared.

Ves took her ball and went home.

Katie partially wrote a story and posted it, but she didn't finish it since the theme was a little boring to her.

Ryan said he posted an unfinished story too, but he basically isn't feeling the theme either.

I've probably written enough rooms to qualify if I did some hasty half-assed looping, but its far from properly finished (and won't be in time) and while I don't think it's bad, it's not my best work and I can't bring myself to post a story that I don't feel is up to standard. (Especially if it isn't finished)

Apoth might post something I suppose, but it'll probably be another Mudkip single link type thing and he'll just loop it.

I think the only person who might turn in a complete looping story of quality is Usoki since he was the most enthusiastic about the topic and suggested it. Plus he said we had permission to beat him if he didn't.
    Last edited by End Master; 12-08-2009, 07:53 AM.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I might have been being a little over-pessimistic, Cat -- I'm sure that the contest will still go on (in some shape or form), it just seems likely to be the worst one yet. And, since the past contents have been very good in my opinion, that's not necessarily a bad thing. We've got to hit rock-bottom before we can pick ourselves back up, I guess.

And next year, the theme will probably be something way cooler.

Like sand.

Or Superman.

Something like that.

Anyway, I've probably already said I'm thinking about touching up this war story I've got a couple rooms on and entering that. The story I have posted seems okay, I just got out of control with the scope of it. It's almost starting to look like an interactive novel where you can only change certain scenes slightly; there are a few choices, but it still progresses linearly.

Plus I think a nice, demented, chaotic war story would be easier to use some crazy loops.

Comment

Ah... Well, maybe next contest? I'll try and read some of the stories in the next few weeks or so.

Comment

If a majority of the forum members "aren't feeling it", I don't see much point in keeping the contest the way it is. Why don't we take the contest, and put everything on hold for a while. If we want to have an infinite contest later on, in its own right, we can do that later (I did indeed finally come up with a really good idea for it).

To me, the point of the contest is for everyone to submit something interesting, and then to give and receive awesome feedback about it. So if everyone is just going to post mediocracy...why bother?

Since I sort of adopted the contest from Ves after she left... is anyone opposed to me tweaking it a bit? I propose that... aww, heck, I'll put it in another thread for better visibility.
          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I posted in the wrong thread somehow. Probably an error between my keyboard and my chair.
            Last edited by The_Writer; 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM. Reason: oops
            Pervus the clown is my hero.

Comment

Working...
            Do Not Sell My Personal Information