• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MMWyrm
    Tim CUrry makes a good anything...
    One word.... Congo.

Not even he could help that turd.

That is all.
    Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

• Yeah, but why blame that on Tim Curry? Such an excellent villain. It suits him really, really well. I can't imagine knowing him in real life- it'd be kinda unsettling.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• Proof that Tim Curry is a god. He was able to play both Pennywise the clown in IT and Doctor Frankenweiner in Rocky Horror Picture Show. Having the skill to play those roles both successfully demonstrates the breadth of your ability. Curry is awesome. That is all.

PS: I'm drunk.
        Click it now.

Comment

• You're a hot dog, but you'd better not try to hurt her... Frank Furter!

Rocky Horror is da Best movie ever. The seaqual kinda sucked though...

Magenta: Why did you do that? I thought you liked him. he Liked you!

Riffraff: *Hystericly* HE DIDN'T LIKE ME! HE NEVER LIKED ME!
          OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Usoki View Post
            Yeah, but why blame that on Tim Curry? Such an excellent villain. It suits him really, really well..
            I didn't say I blamed it on him... just it sucked and he was in it... plus he wasn't even really that good in it. You could tell he was there for a paycheck. He didn't even bother to maintain his accent the whole way through. Congo was just crap, and he knew it.

Most everything else he does is gold. And he is AMZING as a bad guy when he has a good story to play it in. His role in the Earth 2 series was even great.

Oh, but none of that really matters... All I really have to talk about right now is how much Iron Man rocked.
            Last edited by Dragavan; 05-04-2008, 12:13 AM. Reason: Iron Mad rocked so hard I had to.
            Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

• I just wanna say... I have recenty re-watched three of my favorite movies... Jackie Brown, From Dusk till Dawn, True Romance. Classic Terentino moments.
              OH FUDGE!

Comment

• YAY! We have stuff in common... I love that movis soo much... heh heh heh Scicillains are the spawn of niggers... Funny stuff.
                OH FUDGE!

Comment

• True Romance is my favorite movie ever. There's not a moment in it that I don't like.
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Yay. EM lkes my kinda movies too!
                    OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Mazes & Monsters

Just watched this again recently. It was as hilariously bad now as it was then. Basically the Reefer Madness of RPGs. (Though definitely not nearly as funny)

Sort of weird to see Tom Hanks playing a crazed gamer who nearly jumps off the World Trade Center though.

Comment

• Seeing its appearance in the Word Association thread, I would just like to say that UHF is one of my all-time favorite movies. Plot? Ehh. Acting? Double Ehh. (Fran Drescher!?) But as far as Weird Al in his very own movie, it's everything I expected. A whole lot of hilarious parodies of pretty much anything, loosely bound together by a plotline. The Wheel of Fish and Conan the Librarian are my personal favorites. And the excessiveness of the Rambo scene is always good for a smile.
                        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• UHF's audio commentary was sort of interesting along with the deleted scenes.

Just re-watched The Planet of the Apes remake. Maybe it's just me, but I still don't understand why it didn't do better. Yeah I understand the original is a classic, but I thought Tim Burton did a good job with the movie.

Always wished it did just a little better so it could've gotten a sequel to wrap things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by End Master View Post
                            UHF's audio commentary was sort of interesting along with the deleted scenes.

Just re-watched The Planet of the Apes remake. Maybe it's just me, but I still don't understand why it didn't do better. Yeah I understand the original is a classic, but I thought Tim Burton did a good job with the movie.

Always wished it did just a little better so it could've gotten a sequel to wrap things up.
                            You could always read the DarkHorse comic series that it was based on.

Yeah, I didn't think it was so bad myself. But everyone thought of it as a remake (and you even just called it one) even though it was more of an indirect sequel. Oh well, the public can't always grasp such simple concepts.
                            The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

• Yeah I got those comics. I think I got all of them since they didn't make many.

They had a storyline with General Thade's illegitimate daughter and another with the return of Thade's 2nd in command who was helping the humans this time. They also had to fight some outcast group of apes called the Chimera that were hybrids of various apes who thought that they were superior to everyone.

Comment

• Saw Hellboy 2.

I liked it about as much as the first one. Some of the background and creatures reminded me a little of "Pan's Labrinth", though given that Guillermo Del Toro was directing it, I guess it's not too surprising.

There were some bits that were overly silly which sort of detracted from the movie. I thought the storyline concept was more interesting than the first, but naturally the action is what takes precedence in the movie, so parts of the plot feel sort of shallow or rushed.

Anyway, I still thought it was entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information