Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragavan View Post
    And everyone has loved your mom Chubs.

(had to get it in here before DEP showed up and stole the kill.)
    That was uncalled for.

Comment

• Chubby was wondering about serial killer movies awhile back so maybe he’ll find this informative.

Just watched Masters of Murder

This was a 4 DVD collection of movies based on real life serial killers. For some reason they were pumping these kinds of movies out a few years back. Half of them sucked, but hey that’s the gamble.

Gacy: Well you’d think they’d be able to make a halfway decent movie about a fat serial killer that used to dress up like a clown that raped teen boys before torturing them to death, but this movie was probably the worst of the lot. Didn’t even stick close to the real story.

Granted there were a couple funny bits with Gacy being a creepy perv, but overall it just sucked.

Dahmer: Actually Ves told me about this one awhile back and said she really liked it, I’m guessing that had something to do with all the half naked guys slobbering all over each other along with her probably identifying with Dahmer in some ways.

Anyway, this one stuck closer to the real story, but it was mostly in flashbacks and the “present” was basically surrounding some pointless bullshit that Dahmer had met someone he could “really love”. You don’t even see any cannibalism. Disappointing.

Ed Gein: I’d seen this one before and I still like it. Ed was always more interesting since he technically wasn’t even a serial killer so much as he was an isolated batshit insane grave robber that made stuff out of human remains who got so detached from reality he ended up extending his “hobbies” to a few live ones. This one was also the closest to the true story.

Ted Bundy: I thought this one was going to suck like Gacy and Dahmer, but this one was even better than Ed Gein and had the added bonus of being the bloodiest of the lot. This one followed the story, but they didn’t go the total serious business route and had some really dark humor in it. (Bundy ranting while he’s raping corpses, etc) The best thing about it was unlike Dahmer and Gacy is rather than fading to black with some boring text, they actually showed the whole story right up to the point where Bundy gets executed.
      Last edited by End Master; 06-10-2009, 05:30 PM.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• I'm seeing everything as of late.

Just saw The Hangover and liked it. The movie isn't totally hilarious (in fact, there's quite a few parts where the humor just turns out stupid), but there are some very funny parts. Lots of suprises. What I liked most about it, though, is the mystery. The whole film, you're wondering: Where is Doug? If you use your head a little and pay close attention, you can even figure it out before the end.

I give it an 8.5

Most people will probably like this film less than I did, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
          That was uncalled for.
          But absolutely hilarious. Don't be a Megaman, Chubbs.

Hmmm...I like it. I think that's going to be my new word.
          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Usoki View Post
            But absolutely hilarious. Don't be a Megaman, Chubbs.

Hmmm...I like it. I think that's going to be my new word.
            Shhhhh.

No, no.

EDIT: And thanks for the insightful insights, End.

(He gets all whiney if I don't notice him)
            Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 06-11-2009, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• The most recent movie I watched was Bend it Like Beckham. I used it as a follow up to all these serial killer flicks End wanted to watch. Anyway, now I'm in the mood for some good chick flicks. Any suggestions?
              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

• Saw Tropic Thunder and didn't really like it.

Comment

• Saw the Hangover.

Not the greatest piece of cinematagraphy to ever grace the silver screen, but funny nonetheless. It has a good pace, doesn't drag on too long. The humor isn't really PUSHED on you. There's a lot of subtle moments. You almost DO start caring about where Doug is. I didn't find myself REALLY caring though, so I didn't really concentrate on that element of the plot. To me all the little moments with 'Allen' were what kept me interested throughout.

Zach Galiafanakis (allen) shines in every scene, and as I was already a Zach G fan, it should come as no surprise that I found every scene with him in it GOLDEN.

The piano solo by Ed Helms (the dentists) in the middle of the film was a refreshing and funny moment. The Mike Tyson part was actually pretty funny. The whole thing was put together well. Maybe could have been better, but I'm not complaining!

It was worth seeing.

That's right. I really enjoyed this movie. I also kinda dug the old car and all the desert scenes, ect. I took a lot of trips between LA and Vegas when I was younger and I was kinda waxing sentimental during those scenes.

Next up:

BRUNO!
                  Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 06-17-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Saw Yeti: A SciFi Channel movie

Always the sign of quality!

It was pretty bad as to be expected, but definitely in a good way.

Comment

• Two more:

Up

I was disappointing. If it hadn't been so hyped to me, I may have enjoyed it, but it wasn't as powerful or spectacular as people had been saying. I liked Wall-E better.

Drag me to Hell

Great one, a must see in theaters. The sound is very important, and in a theater with surround sound at ear bleed volume it really helps make you jump. This is classic Raimi, him returning to his roots. Hilarious, disgusting, and creepy. He seemed to have an obsession with geriatric spoodge in this particular film, which made for some incredibly uncomfortable yet very funny physical comedy routines. If you liked Evil Dead 2, this won't disappoint.
                      Click it now.

Comment

• But did you ultimately decide to go see Up by yourself or did you get someone to go with you?

Comment

• Got a bootleg copy and watched it with my little brothers.
                          Click it now.

Comment

• Aww... sharing the magic of piracy as a happy family. How endearing. A moment for the ages.
                            Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                            And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• After hearing about it so much by various internet people, I finally saw Idiocracy.

Funny stuff. It's over the top with the mental degeneration of people of course, though I can't help but agree with the concept of society getting stupider with each generation.

It also reminded me a little bit of a movie I saw based on a Kurt Vonnegut story called Harrison Bergeron.

Comment

• My favorite part was the end.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information