No announcement yet.

IWT 7: Urban Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEP has returned to the IWT, this should certainly make things interesting.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I'm not sure why you want us to notify you, but... *sigh* I guess I'll give the IWT another go. Not because I'm certain that I'll have something done by December 30th, but because I don't think I'd mind living out a year or two in shame.

Comment

I'm not sure why you want us to notify you
        Well there's sort of a tradition that if you're interested in joining the contest you post in the contest thread about your intentions, so we know who's doing it and how many.

It's just one of those "always been done that way" rules.

But it does have the added bonus of "pressuring" people into commitment and exposing their sloth if they fail to deliver!

Comment

Gotcha.

I'm going to have to have the shit pressured out of me if I want to finish, so I suppose it's a good thing.

Comment

I think the theme is cool. I'm considering entering, it's just that I'm in my final year of highschool and I'm taking kajillions of academics and basically I need to either do fucking well or risk not getting into the University of my choice. As you can all understand (or at least call me a giant pussy for) that's got to take precedence.

Still, it's such a cool idea, I'll try my best.
            How we paid such close attention
            To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

You read the rules, J -- entry or shame! Plus, you've got the whole summer, winter, and spring breaks to work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
                You read the rules, J -- entry or shame! Plus, you've got the whole summer, winter, and spring breaks to work on it.
                There's no rule stating that I need to make a decision immediately, I need to think it over. After all, a commitment is a commitment.

Comment

Come on, JJJ. There's the final academic semester of high school, which will lay the foundation for your college career, and ultimately your employment, livelihood, and the quality of your future in general... and then there's the annual writing forum contest. C'mon. I think we all know which one is more important, here.
                  Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                  And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I believe the rule was that once you make a post in this thread expressing interest, you're obliged. You're in for the long-haul now!

Besides, high school is a joke! The ACT or SAT scores are what really matter, and those are done junior year. Get a couple As and Bs and you'll be alright... Unless you're planning on going to Harvard or MIT or something.

Comment

I thought JJJ was Canadian, maybe the college and grading system works a little different there or something.

The commitment rule wasn't just posting in the thread, it was specifically stating you were joining. Like Locke didn't say he was in since he was afraid of suffering SHAME.

JJJ said he was thinking about it, but didn't actually commit either. He might as well though, the world's going to end in 2012 anyway, and he'll look pretty foolish doing all that hard work when he has no real future ahead of him!

I think Ryan might've misinterpreted the rule and signed himself up believing he was already drafted just by posting in the thread. Of course now he really has committed himself.

EDIT: Ah I see where he might've gotten confused on my initial wording, but I figured people knew I meant posting in the thread and stating they were joining. (As opposed to just posting in it)

Oh well, he's in now.
                      Last edited by End Master; 02-17-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Post in this thread if you're interested in entering, but be warned if you do and then fail to submit something, be prepared to suffer great everlasting SHAME for your indecision and flip flopping. (At least until you actually participate in a future contest)

If you're interested but you're confined to only lurking because you're stuck in limbo and can't post, send a PM to me letting me know that you're interesting in joining. (Same SHAME rules apply to you as well)
                        You're as tricky as Satan himself, End! Just to clarify, I thought the conditions were:

A) You post in this thread.

B) Said post expresses "interest" in joining IWT7.

Based on the above quote.

I'm voluntarily entering this one, though, just because I think that I'll be more motivated now that I've told people I'll probably participate.
                        Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-17-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah, in Canada, Universities will be looking at the average for my Math 12, English 12, Chemistry 12, Biology 12, Physics 12. All of which except English (which I've done) I have on the go right now. I need a 90% average in those courses. As you can probably see, I have Chemistry, Biology, Physics (11 and 12), and Math homework essentially every night. It amounts to about ~4-5 hours.

(You also need to have Socials 11, Physics 11, Biology 11, Chemistry 11, and a few other courses completed but their marks are not factored in).

Comment

Aight, maybe I'll take a break from adding to HOID and actually submit something to this contest.

Maybe.
                            Click it now.

Comment

Yeah, and then if you win you can make next year's contest theme "HOID Branch".

Comment

Actually, that is an exceptional idea. If I spend X amount of time working on a kick ass contest submission, I can get 5(X) amount of time in work added to HOID.

It's a risk though, since if I lose I get no time added to HOID. Still, perhaps it is worth it.
                                Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information