No announcement yet.

IWT 7: Urban Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I guess its time to work on my contest story a little more. I've just been real busy with work and college lately. Hopefully I will be finished with it before the deadline hits. This is my first IWT so I can't have the "SHAME" put on me lol.
    come not between the dragon and his wrath--Shakespeare

Comment

I think EndMaster should be able to assign an embarrassing avatar to anyone who fails to enter.

Thankfully mine is difficult to top.

Comment

That is a fine idea, Mizal! It would be perfect if we won this contest, MRH returned, said he would enter the 2011 contest, and didn't because then I would assign him the dick avatar!

(Spartan is Wolfen, right?)

Comment

Haha nah Im an entirely seperate person. I mainly just lurk these forums and ocassionly release a story or two
          come not between the dragon and his wrath--Shakespeare

Comment

This is harder than I thought it would be. Every story fragment I try to explore ends up shifting away from the 'urban' element. We'll see how this goes. Hopefully I'll be able produce something better than complete trash. I'd hate to throw together twenty rooms of nothing just to avoid SHAME.
            Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
            And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

This is sooooo much easier than I thought it would be. I have like 150 rooms finished already and.... okay that's a lie. I haven't made any progress at all since my story was on a lap top that had to go in for repairs. Just got it back last week thogh and it's all still there. All 18 rooms, so not much work in getting it to 20 so it can qualify for the contest.
              The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Yeah, 20 chapters will be easy for me, it's just that I'm going to have a whole lot of annoying broken branches all over the place if I leave it at that. I'm going to need considerably more to get something that's closer to a CYOA than a completely linear story, and that's what I'm worried about.

Comment

I've got about 2/3 of one of my main storyline branches done, hopefully I can finish the rest before the date so there will at least be one main branch completed.

Hopefully the main site is working again by then too, right now it seems to be automatically logging me out.
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Yeah, I think it's done this before.

And this probably goes without saying, but I'm all for an extension!

No matter what, we'll hit 20 rooms, though.

Comment

Hey count me in, but if I can't get the log in thing fixed I'll just have to make a new account for the contest
                      Pervus the clown is my hero.

Comment

Sweet! By the way, KingMalice, there's a good chance that your actual forum account has been approved now; we had a couple of newbs visit us while you were gone.

I'm just praying to God that the accounts on the main site come back up in the next two days so that I can rub it in to DEP.

(It's kicked me off again, too )
                        Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 09-16-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Huh huh, you said "rubbing it in to DEP"

Anyway, if it doesn't get fixed in time, then the contest due date just gets postponed until everyone can post again. (So probably sometime in 2012)
                          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I made the remark fully aware of its implications.

Comment

Every concept I brainstorm continually has less and less to do with the 'Urban' half of the theme. I'm just going to have to pick one, and hope I don't get too many theme deductions.
                              Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                              Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                              And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

No need to worry about theme deductions from me, Usoki; I'll be applying my usual formula of:

rating I think you will give me / 2 = your rating!

To generate scores for everyone.

Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 10-11-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information