No announcement yet.

IWT 7: The Complete Collection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only got "Innkeeper" left to read and rate. I'll probably start on it next weekend sometime. All the stories that I read so far were pretty impressive, though. Even "Daybreak", which I thought might be a pushover given the short time it was written in, had me very amused up until the point where it ends. Haven't really noticed very many grammatical errors, either.

All in all, I'd say this is probably the most successful IWT so far. Or at least in the top three.

Comment

I was very impressed. I had been reading for awhile but I dedicated a great deal of my day today to reading essentially every page in every story mentioned in the first post of this thread and I messaged my ratings to Ryan (and to your account on the main site since I didn't see that until after).

REALLY excited to see the results.
      Last edited by JJJ-thebanisher; 01-25-2011, 10:57 PM.
      How we paid such close attention
      To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Sent in my ratings.

Don't know how useful they'll be in actually determining a winner though as there basically weren't any stories I didn't like.

Comment

Okay I finally got around to reading all the stories and submitted the ratings. They're probably a little lax in the comments department, but as you all know I give crappy feedback anyway, so you're really not missing out on anything deep and meaningful. Everyone spelled everything right from what I could see though.

I'd say this coming sunday should be about the last day for submitting ratings, I suppose if Ryan wants to wait a couple days after that, it's fine though.
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I still have Uncertain Fortunes and Innkeeper to do.

If I don't finish by Sunday, I should definitely be able to do so by Monday.

Comment

Alright, Monday sounds good unless everyone gets theirs in by Sunday. I'll wait until Tuesday if anyone wants, but I can't do Wednesday since I'll be on an Indian bus and meeting all of the good folks the great midwest has to offer.

(On my previous trips I've met a guy who told me he lived in a camper in Escanaba, a woman who was overly fascinated with snow, and another old dude who confessed to me that he enjoyed getting stoned and looking at the winter sculptures my college has. Public transportation is truly the only way to fly.)
              Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Where are you traveling, Ryan?
                Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Just traveling back home to Northern Michigan for a couple days -- my college does this Winter Carnival thing every year, so we get a few extra days off before the weekend. It's basically an opportunity for everyone to build their snow statues for the annual competition, play broomball (kinda like hockey with brooms), or go snowboarding/skiing. For freshmen, it's a chance to celebrate their new freedom by getting drunk at off-campus parties.

I'm not much of a winter guy, myself, so I usually just catch a bus back and visit with friends and family.

(Don't have my truck up here, since the gas line freezes every winter.)
                  Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-02-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

My ratings gave been sent. I sent from work and the main site displays like shit for me, so please let me know if you recieved it YazZMaN. thanks.
                    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I think Ryan (Yazz) will win the contest this year.
                      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I just got them; thanks, DEP.

Lol, I wish I could participate in discussing who is going to win this year. All I'll say is that before the deadline for stories hit, I thought "Mystic Elevator" would probably win. That hasn't necessarily changed, but it might have. It might have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
                          I just got them; thanks, DEP.

Lol, I wish I could participate in discussing who is going to win this year. All I'll say is that before the deadline for stories hit, I thought "Mystic Elevator" would probably win. That hasn't necessarily changed, but it might have. It might have.
                          prolly has. having read the other stories, it prolly has. Please post comments with ratings before you leave for your big gay bus ride.
                          Last edited by donteatpoop; 02-05-2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Eager for details eh? Alright I guess I'll post my ratings right now:

DEP's Mom

Grammar: 8 (She's no English teacher, but can still talk dirty to a man.)

Creativity: 10 (Didn't expect her to pull out a frozen Ernie five minutes in. I have to say I was impressed.)

Enjoyment: 7 (Based on how Chubby kept raving about her, I expected way better. Still, not bad. I just think she's overrated.)

Kinda curious to see what the other members make of her...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
                              Eager for details eh? Alright I guess I'll post my ratings right now:

DEP's Mom

Grammar: 8 (She's no English teacher, but can still talk dirty to a man.)

Creativity: 10 (Didn't expect her to pull out a frozen Ernie five minutes in. I have to say I was impressed.)

Enjoyment: 7 (Based on how Chubby kept raving about her, I expected way better. Still, not bad. I just think she's overrated.)

Kinda curious to see what the other members make of her...

1/9/9

I made sure she was incapable of putting a sentence together.
                              How we paid such close attention
                              To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Yeah yeah. How did this become a reverse DEP is banging your moms joke? Still though, I guess that explains why she's too busy to watch the kids anymore. That or it has something to do with this.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information