No announcement yet.

IWT 7: The Complete Collection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like we'll have to hire someone else. I simply don't have patience for people who don't have a good work ethic!

In other news, it looks like we'll be stretching this thing out into to Tuesday night -- I need ratings from Usoki and Katie still (although Usoki said his will probably be in soon). Haven't heard from Katie, but I'm guessing End has told her when to get them in by and such.

I know Locke mentioned something about how he was rating in this thread, too, but I'm not sure if he's still going to or not. Looks like Chubby is opting out again.

Anyway, unless Locke mentions that he wants to rate, I'll probably release ratings/comments and announce the winner shortly after I get Usoki and Katie's stuff.

Comment

I finally managed to slog through Innkeeper. I'm currently writing everything up, and it will be submitted to you within the... hour or so. It'll be good.

There is no doubt in my mind that I got last, but I'm rather eager to see what critique I will get. Reader reaction is definitely going to be a key part in deciding what work I'll be starting on next. I've already got one other open project- I simply can't justify taking the time to work on a novelty prank story if no one cares about it.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Since you're about to rate, now would be an excellent time to say how much I loved your story.

It was really linear and short, of course, but in terms of writing quality I really do think it was great.

[EDIT]

Looks like Katie won't be able to rate this time around, so I'll just average what we have.
        Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-08-2011, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Well, given that Katie is usually too nice to give anyone mean ratings... you could always give everyone else solid nines, and just pretend that she submitted a vote. XD

I'm wrapping it up- It's late, so I'm much more verbose than normal. Almost done, though.

And... yeah, I do exaggerate and rag on myself. It's not bad, given what little is there. And I would probably be able to come out near, if not the, top if I decided to give everyone else solid ones. (Hypothetically, of course. I think even Ryan would recognize such an obvious sabotage vote.) I don't think I'll do well, but I doubt that I'll be significantly below the middle of the pack.

And... sent. I can't wait to wake up to the results.
          Last edited by Usoki; 02-08-2011, 03:28 AM.
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

As always, your subtle insults are much appreciated. Results will be up around 4:00 EDT folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
              Results will be up around 4:00 EDT folks!
              *chews nails*

Comment

Calling it now: I lost.
                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Just finished calculating and double checking everything. Results are definitely accurate and this is probably the closest contest that Infinite-Story has ever seen.

Get ready!

Comment

But wait!

Locke just emailed me saying that he will rate if we wait a little longer. Does anyone object?

[EDIT]

Actually, looks like he emailed me like a few hours ago. So he might not be rating? I don't know. Do you guys want to wait or not?
                    Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
                      But wait!

Locke just emailed me saying that he will rate if we wait a little longer. Does anyone object?
                      Post that shit! hahaha
                      How we paid such close attention
                      To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

What do you think, Locke?

EndMaster said he doesn't care if we stretch it out until tonight and I'm indifferent as well.

Comment

As I said, since we were apparently delaying anyway and I had the afternoon (actually evening) free, I'd be able to do it (probably have it in between 8 and 9 pm) where before I was just going to let it go. 3J's rudeness aside, you've built it up, people are understandably anxious, and I've already delayed unduly; you may as well go ahead. If you don't have it posted by 5:30-ish EST, I'll do the remaining stories and send everything off; otherwise, sorry for not coming through (again).

EDIT: But if it's just 3j, disregard the above
                          Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Heh, okay. Unless EndMaster wants to do otherwise, I'll wait until 9:00 p.m. I think most people who entered are willing to wait a little longer in order to get an extra opinion on their work.

Once again: happy rating!

(Sorry for getting you guys all excited! But now at 9:00 p.m. you can get REALLY excited! Five more hours!)

Comment

Both of you are lucky I just now bothered to check the thread and I'm now apathetic enough to allow Locke some time to get his ratings in.

If he fails to do so however, he earns DOUBLE MEGA SHAME for wasting everyone's time and Ryan will earn the title of "ASSHOLE" for hyping everyone up. (Even if he wins the contest, in fact ESPECIALLY if he wins the contest!)
                              Last edited by End Master; 02-08-2011, 02:54 PM. Reason: Capitalized ASSHOLE for emphasis
                              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I think End summed it up nicely. I'm all for getting Locke's insights on everything, but God help you all if this doesn't go through. With less "you all" and more "Locke and Ryan".

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information