No announcement yet.

IWT 7: Urban Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the plus side, I think I finally figured out my story.

Of course, the site is still down, and I'm not sure how much of it I want to try and work on in Word- that'd involve a lot more planning than I usually put into this...

I might *gasp* see about using CYS- especially since I might end up wanting variables. But a large part of me still just really hates their interface.

By the way, Ryan, did I mention that I plan on rating your story with full twenties?
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Why no, you didn't!

Ah, full twenties...

But wait.

Wouldn't that be...

... totally awesome?!

I think so!

Full tens coming straight to you, Usoki!

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
        On the plus side, I think I finally figured out my story.

Of course, the site is still down, and I'm not sure how much of it I want to try and work on in Word- that'd involve a lot more planning than I usually put into this...

I might *gasp* see about using CYS- especially since I might end up wanting variables. But a large part of me still just really hates their interface.

By the way, Ryan, did I mention that I plan on rating your story with full twenties?
        Do let me know if you ever have any questions about it, I'm happy to sit down and explain whatever.

Good luck on getting the main site here back up though, real shame that it's malfunctioning. Any word from Sev?
        How we paid such close attention
        To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Yeah it's working again.

After a quick count and an update on the first page of the thread, officially we have 10 people who stated they were doing the contest. (And 2 I need to ask Ryan about)

Crunchyfrog & Smeester- Disappeared so who knows if they'll show up. SHAME is a looming possibility.

DEP- Will probably submit something when he pops in again.

End- Got more than enough, I'm just trying to finish up one of the branches. Hopefully I'll post it sometime in november

Katie- Kind of been really busy with job related stuff. Hopefully she gets something in, since it will create an "interesting" situation for me if I have to SHAME my own wife.

Mizal- Disappeared, but she said 20 rooms was easy for her, so maybe she already has something finished and can post it immediately if she shows up again. If not, SHAME.

Ryan- He seems like he's been active, so I'm guessing he'll be fine, but I need to know who exactly he's working with in this collaboration story. He mentioned Cat2000 and Locke, but from what I know Cat2000's disappeared and Locke's only contributed a couple rooms. At this rate Ryan won't get SHAME, but the other two might unless someone confirms who's doing what and how much of it.

Spartan- Disappeared, but he might have something done when he pops in again since he's produced several stories on here before.

The Writer AKA King Malice- He's active right now so he'll probably have something.

Usoki- Yeah he'll have something.

Still lots of time left though and most likely a deadline extension will occur since we're always doing that anyway.
          Last edited by End Master; 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM.
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

You've basically got it right. Me and Cat spent about two months forming the plot outline/story style and then she kind of disappeared. Her last email was in late March saying something to me and Locke about being really busy with work and not having access to email.

Locke has added one room, but it was high-quality stuff, so I'm thinking/hoping he'll add a few more before the deadline. I think he did state that he was planning to a few months ago, but that he won't get much time until we're closer to December.

Depending on whether the 20 room thing works on a per-person basis for these collaborative stories, Locke might avoid SHAME (if he only has to contribute one room, then he's pretty much in the clear). I've got Cat listed as one of the authors since the plot outline basically belongs to her, but she hasn't done any actual writing, and there's a good chance that she won't. For me, I think I've written 13 of the 14 that we have (or maybe it's 14 out of 15 -- can't remember), so I'll have at least 20 rooms once I get a good break (probably over Thanksgiving or Christmas).

[EDIT]

Isn't Mizal a dude?

[DOUBLE EDIT]

Oh, never mind. I found the post. I just remembered something being said about how Mizal is a "manly name", and so I always assumed Mizal was a 40-year-old man who had escaped from prison.

Not sure how I forgot, though. Must be all that Math I've been doing...
            Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 10-15-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Yeah with the collaboration story, I'd say everyone involved should at least contribute 10 rooms, since it's hardly a true collaboration if one person is doing all the work. (And you're still getting 10 rooms knocked off of your total input so it really isn't all that much to ask for)

Of course the story itself still has to have over 20 rooms. Sounds like you won't have anything to worry about though.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Okay, that sounds reasonable.

My guess then, is that me and Locke will avoid SHAME, but that Cat will not.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                  Crunchyfrog & Smeester- Disappeared so who knows if they'll show up. SHAME is a looming possibility.
                  They are very active on their own site; I suspect that they would have no problems coming up with 20 rooms if they choose to divert focus from their other works. I can send them a note.

Myself, I should have at least one or two phases of the story in place. I hope. I'll avoid SHAME- hopefully I won't have to vomit out one sentence rooms like that one Apoth thing, but I guess that I would if I had to.
                  Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                  And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

No no no, not the finger of SHAME!!!!

I have about 8000 words, and almost 20 rooms... but thanks for the prod! I'm still here and writing!

Comment

Turn that SHAME elsewhere

Something will be produced.
                      Last edited by Smeester; 10-16-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ-thebanisher View Post
                        Do let me know if you ever have any questions about it, I'm happy to sit down and explain whatever.

Good luck on getting the main site here back up though, real shame that it's malfunctioning. Any word from Sev?
                        I have a question about CYS - and that is their policy on copyright. Last time I looked (which was around and about the time I signed up here, I think,) it didn't make any mention of material submitted being the property of the authors, and that all website content is copyright CYS. This has made me uncomfortable with submitting anything at all to their site. I contacted the admins there at the time for further clarification but received no reply.

Are you able to shed some light on that, 3J's?

Last edited by Crunchyfrog; 10-16-2010, 03:25 AM.

Comment

1/20

Hooray the first room finished. Hardest part is finished. As long as I knock out a room every other day or so I should finish by the dead-line. I don't know what the finger of shame is but in my experience the finger of anything tends to be somehing you should avoid
                          Pervus the clown is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchyfrog View Post
                            I have a question about CYS - and that is their policy on copyright. Last time I looked (which was around and about the time I signed up here, I think,) it didn't make any mention of material submitted being the property of the authors, and that all website content is copyright CYS. This has made me uncomfortable with submitting anything at all to their site. I contacted the admins there at the time for further clarification but received no reply.

Are you able to shed some light on that, 3J's?

Well, regardless of whatever it says there, an author Tsmpaul submitted a story called Light Space onto CYS and later decided to publish it and now you can purchase copies of it in multiple countries. I have a signed paperback edition.

Reading it is a little disturbing though, if you'd like to contact the administrator and owner of the website and ask for more information about it, I can provide his e-mail to you.
                            How we paid such close attention
                            To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Thanks JJJ, I'd appreciate that.
                              Sorry to have dragged this off topic guys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                                Katie- Kind of been really busy with job related stuff. Hopefully she gets something in, since it will create an "interesting" situation for me if I have to SHAME my own wife.

Save your shame dude. I have 22 rooms so far. This won't be my great contribution to the literary world, but it might pass for a competition entry with just a wee bit of polish. All I have to do is edit and post, and I'm in.
                                ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information